• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Five Star Grad transfer QB Blake Barnett visiting USF this weekend.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

I took the original point to be if a guy is going to turn tail and leave because of competition, then he probably isn't the right guy to lead us.  QF didn't turn tail, but stuck around and proved his ability and then some.

Like I said, I wasn’t negating that, I was commenting to mean more along the lines of “it’s crazy to think of what things would have been like if this were to happen,” which really is what I should have said from the getgo 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, OcalaBull2 said:

Like I said, I wasn’t negating that, I was commenting to mean more along the lines of “it’s crazy to think of what things would have been like if this were to happen,” which really is what I should have said from the getgo 

I get you.  I just think that it didn't happen because of the kind of person/player QF is which is why he was as great as he was here.

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

I hear you. My thought is...

If we lose Kean, nothing lost. Barnett is the starter for two years, Kean has two years of eligibility. Barnett is the starter for Kean's years.

If we lose Oladokun, Barnett is the starter for two years and we lost Oladokun's last year as a senior. Not great, but I'll take two years of a better guy in the trade off and move to one of the incoming guys, Battle or McCloud.

If Barnett flames out, it's a wash.

I see what you’re saying for sure. Like I told someone else who just commented, I wasn’t really negating what you were saying originally just more along the lines of “this would have been crazy” kind of deal. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

LOL

9586249B-CA34-4F8B-A056-E9793F30E54E.jpeg

This stuff always makes me laugh. Whenever someone tries to make it seem like a player is starting due to some sort of shady politics, it's just stupid. Larkin truly believes he was shafted by a guy who has LITERALLY millions of dollars on the line and picked a lesser player just because...

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

I get you.  I just think that it didn't happen because of the kind of person/player QF is which is why he was as great as he was here.

I fully agree. Not many programs get the privilege of getting a guy like that. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

6 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

LOL

9586249B-CA34-4F8B-A056-E9793F30E54E.jpeg

Larkin just needs to shut up and move on. He is crazy if he thinks coaches at the D1 level don’t play the best available players. CCS and especially the assistant coaches want more $$$. 

3 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Larkin just needs to shut up and move on. He is crazy if he thinks coaches at the D1 level don’t play the best available players. CCS and especially the assistant coaches want more $$$. 

Exactly. He clearly has ego issues and doesn’t want to back his team, just himself. Not “I got beat out, maybe I should work harder,” but, “these coaches don’t know what they’re talking about. “

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Exactly. He clearly has ego issues and doesn’t want to back his team, just himself. Not “I got beat out, maybe I should work harder,” but, “these coaches don’t know what they’re talking about. “

He's got issues for sure

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Unfortunately more and more people like playing the victim. One day he’s going to look back on this and realize he screwed up a good opportunity. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

26 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Unfortunately more and more people like playing the victim. One day he’s going to look back on this and realize he screwed up a good opportunity. 

Very true. Unfortunately, like most teams, we have had our share of those players.