• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jalen Hurts may leave Bama.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Hurts will leave if he doesn't win job.

"Coach Saban's job is to do what's best for his team. I have no problem with that," Averion Hurts said. "My job is to do what's best for Jalenand make no mistake, Jalen is a quarterback, and he wants to play quarterback. He loves Alabama, loves Coach Saban and everything about that place. But he wants to play, and he will play…"

Averion stops mid-sentence because the idea of his son not playing for Alabama isn't one he takes lightly. What if Jalen doesn't win the job, he is asked?

He shakes his head slowly, answers begrudgingly. "Well, he'd be the biggest free agent in college football history."

No chance he comes to USF but who would be set to gain if he leaves? I kinda see him in burnt orange. 

Saban's response

"I think we all want the same thing for all players that compete on our team, regardless of the position," Saban said. "And even though there's going to be a significant effort on a lot of folks' part -- none in this room, obviously -- who want to make this a very public thing, it's going to be handled in a very private manner."

Saban said Hurts has had a good spring in which he has seen a "significant amount of improvement."

"But I think at the end of the day everybody has career decisions that they'll have to make," Saban said. "Nobody knows what the outcome of the situation will bring for us. We don't want any players not to be able to fulfill their goals and aspirations in our program here. We don't want that for any of our players."

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I imagine he'd like to stay in SEC, is that allowed by the conference or by Bama in releasing him?

I honestly don't follow him enough to know where a good fit is, but if I were him, I'd like to be somewhere where I have a shot at playing Alabama.  :)

6 hours ago, Brad said:

I imagine he'd like to stay in SEC, is that allowed by the conference or by Bama in releasing him?

I honestly don't follow him enough to know where a good fit is, but if I were him, I'd like to be somewhere where I have a shot at playing Alabama.  :)

I don’t think Saban would let him stay in the SEC. unfortuantly they have that power. I figure he will go to one of the Texas schools not name AandM