• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brooks Larkin- Oh Boy this is interesting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

18 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

http://www.usforacle.com/news/view.php/1033382/Former-offensive-lineman-speaks-out-abou

More tidbits.  Very rare to see this kind of feud but can't look good for recruits. Taggart gets praises for running a tighter ship.

Larkin is full of caca... So it wasn't CTE worries that drove him to quit, it was the coaches decision he wasn't good enough to be a starter... Why mention the CTE?  Of course players like the way the coach who recruited them did things.  I mean the other players seem to be thriving now they know what to expect... I think they had more than enough time to evaluate him and found he just wasn't as good as Wiggs... I mean most people though last season Wiggs would be a starter this season... he's really good.  Was really good in high school and is a big boy.  I mean I see the San Jose state switch a little differently... maybe they felt so uncomfortable with Larkin in there they moved Ruff to guard.  When they moved Ruff back to center they moved big Billy to guard, not started Larkin.  Sooooo... maybe the issue was his play.  Just and observation 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I mean I see the San Jose state switch a little differently... maybe they felt so uncomfortable with Larkin in there they moved Ruff to guard.  When they moved Ruff back to center they moved big Billy to guard, not started Larkin.  Sooooo... maybe the issue was his play.  Just and observation 

The San Jose State game sounds like an old school "motivation through demotion" thing to me.   Coaches will move guys behind obviously less skilled players to light a fire under their ass if they feel they aren't getting enough out of them.   CJL used to do this all the time.  The more talented guy is essentially demoted and then like magic right before the game the more talented player is starting again.  This is an old school move that many coaches before and after Mattox/Strong have and will use.   This is nothing new and certainly nothing worthy of "whistle blowing".  If anything this is just football coaches being football coaches......

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

22 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

The San Jose State game sounds like an old school "motivation through demotion" thing to me.   Coaches will move guys behind obviously less skilled players to light a fire under their ass if they feel they aren't getting enough out of them.   CJL used to do this all the time.  The more talented guy is essentially demoted and then like magic right before the game the more talented player is starting again.  This is an old school move that many coaches before and after Mattox/Strong have and will use.   This is nothing new and certainly nothing worthy of "whistle blowing".  If anything this is just football coaches being football coaches......

Can anyone refresh my memory about the personnel moves for that game?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, MMW said:

Can anyone refresh my memory about the personnel moves for that game?

First game: I remember seeing Larkin as starting Guard or Center and then when the game actually started Galati center and Ruff started at guard.  I was surprised to see Larkins name so high on the list. 

Guest PCBull14

So if his statement is true. Strong tells the kid to go talk to the position coach. Kid agrees out of respect for Strong. Mattox doesn't show up and instead takes that time to bring his line together and vote the kid off...didn't realize this was survivor….Then Strong makes a statement to the reporter that he talked to the head coach that’s all that matters….got it. Point proven.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

It is all very strange but I think his biggest issue is a misunderstanding or "broken promise" on what an open competition actually is.  He hasn't gotten a chance to play with the first string line he says.  With Taggart he said players generally knew where they stood. 

Guest PCBull14
17 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

It is all very strange but I think his biggest issue is a misunderstanding or "broken promise" on what an open competition actually is.  He hasn't gotten a chance to play with the first string line he says.  With Taggart he said players generally knew where they stood. 

The biggest issue is the head coach has no clue what's going on in his own program. That's what the kid is trying to get you all to see. Is it true? I don't know, but **** sure sounds like it.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

28 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

The biggest issue is the head coach has no clue what's going on in his own program. That's what the kid is trying to get you all to see. Is it true? I don't know, but **** sure sounds like it.

That's not really the issue at all

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

49 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Based on what?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, PCBull14 said:

If you don't know, I can't see how you're so clear on the biggest issue.