Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.  

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
NewEnglandBull

Malik Martin leaving USF MBB team

Guys that shoot 58% from the floor don't grow on trees. Need to fill that hole with someone in the post.

He's been loyal and stuck with USF through thick and thin...no stuck with USF thru hell. I hope he can find a team that can offer minutes and a chance to go to the big dance. 

The Holston and Martin losses are of no consequence on the court. Gregory will replace them with better players. This thing finally looks like it could be headed in the right direction.

• Haha 1

This.  I haven't felt this good about recruiting in a while.  I realize he's still scrambling to build a team any way he can, but he hasn't put his footprint on local/Florida recruiting.  Can't wait for that to happen.  Looking forward to next season.  I anticipate a modest improvement over this year.

Edited by bullballer
Accidentally pressed save early

3 hours ago, JTrue said:

3 programs in 4 years...there’s a common denominator here.

While this also went through my mind, Martin really came on towards the end of the season. He & Collins ended the season as the standouts IMO, so more than any of the other losses I hate this one the most--looked to have gobs of potential. Hopefully others are right and we get someone even better, but this was a bird in the hand...

Martin had a good impact towards seasons end. 

Martin was a big guy that couldn't/wouldn't rebound or defend.

On a even more pressing note, JK just reported Chad Dollar has been hired as an assistant at Georgia.  Two of our three fall signees hailed from Georgia and we are currently recruiting others for this year and/or next year.

6 minutes ago, bullballer said:

On a even more pressing note, JK just reported Chad Dollar has been hired as an assistant at Georgia.  Two of our three fall signees hailed from Georgia and we are currently recruiting others for this year and/or next year.

Yes the Dollar loss is a BIG ONE. 

7 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He's been loyal and stuck with USF through thick and thin...no stuck with USF thru hell. I hope he can find a team that can offer minutes and a chance to go to the big dance. 

Have to agree but hate to see him go ..... and, at this point, this is a pretty big loss. Hopefully this time next year we can say something different, and be able to actually back it up.