• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oladokun early leader in QB derby?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I doubt there's a leader at this point even though I think Oladokun ultimately wins the job in fall camp.  

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

No doubt there is a leader in CCS's mind.  Having said that, at this point it is fluid and can change week to week.  I also believe O is our starter come Elon.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

O is a Bucs fan, and K is an Eagles fan.

Edge: O

:icon_drink:

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

25 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

O is a Bucs fan, and K is an Eagles fan.

Edge: O

:icon_drink:

Eagles fan from Ohio!? Not a die-hard Browns fan? Lost points... ;)

6 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

I think there are about 6 Browns fans left...at least those who admit it. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:
10 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

I think there are about 6 Browns fans left...at least those who admit it. 

...and about 5 million new Eagles fans who would never admit they had other teams' swag.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Kean is a big Eagles fan.  I see his tweets.  Fan before the Super Bowl.  And I doubt this 2 minute drill means anything at all 

42 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

...and about 5 million new Eagles fans who would never admit they had other teams' swag.

:lmao:

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Here we go....

BEST FRIENDS KEAN, OLADOKUN MAKING EACH OTHER BETTER IN QB BATTLE

By TOM ZEBOLD
USF Senior Writer

TAMPA, MARCH 27, 2018 – Bulls are battling for starting spots across the board this spring and there's no question about which position has the most eyes on it heading into 2018.

With Quinton Flowers prepping for his shot in the pros, the keys to Sterlin Gilbert's high-powered offense are open for the taking with quarterbacks Brett Kean and Chris Oladokun each stating their case for starter status each practice.

24602"Both of those guys throw the ball well with accuracy," Gilbert said after Tuesday's practice. "They can touch any part of the field."

Both quarterbacks did just that in the first scrimmage action of the spring last Saturday and it's clear they have a great understanding of the system. Year two of Gilbert's up-tempo attack is showing the training wheels are off, which really lets both quarterbacks show what they can do in real game situations.

"This time last year, we're still installing things and getting things together as an offense," said Oladokun, now a redshirt sophomore. "Now coach calls a play and we know exactly what to do. Coach Gilbert has really harped on this in year two, so everything should be moving faster, which it has."

What won't happen fast is the decision on which quarterback will start. Just when you think one signal-caller is gaining a step, the other comes right back with a game-changing play.

"One thing they weren't able to do last season was get many reps at all. Let's take this thing all the way through and get as many reps as you can," Gilbert said. "Give both of those guys action and live looks and just continue to get experience. That's what going all the way through spring will do. That's what going all the way through summer camp will do."

24603What USF's quarterbacks won't do is bicker back and forth about the process, no matter how long it takes to unfold.

"We're still best friends through this whole thing," said Kean, now a junior. "It's not like we're competing and I don't talk to him anymore, or we're competing and we're arguing off the field or something. We're competing on the field, we love it and we're still helping each other."

Friendly competition at quarterback is proving to really help USF's offense go full speed ahead this spring and Gilbert says a starter will stand out in due time.

"It's the eighth practice, or the seventh practice, or ....

Much more here at GoUSFBulls.com

• Upvote 1