• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF Tailgate Trailer Free to a Good Home

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

Hi All,

I will be moving to a new house with an HOA so I won't have anywhere to store my 5'x8' USF tailgate trailer.  Plus we've downsized our tailgate parties to a point where it's not really needed any longer (we used it through the last home game of 2017).  It's not a looker by any means, needs a fresh coat of paint, but it rolls and it has served its purpose well.  The white PVC is a flagpole holder that we attached to the front right corner.  The first pics are from a few years back when we first painted it to show that it can look pretty good if given some love.  Let me know if anyone would like it otherwise it will probably be scrapped or donated (or whatever you do with trailers that nobody wants).  

Thanks!

Trailer at Tailgate 2.jpg

Trailer at Tailgate.jpg

Trailer Side.jpg

Trailer Now Side 2.jpg

Trailer Now Side.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038

Very sad. The end of an era!!

10 hours ago, crambone said:

Very sad. The end of an era!!

Yeah it sure is.  I ended up giving it away last week.  As much of a POS as it was, there were a lot of good memories.  The tailgates will continue however!

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038

See you there!

• 4 months later...

• Content Count:  477

On 3/21/2018 at 10:28 AM, BullsWinBucsWin said:

Hi All,

I will be moving to a new house with an HOA so I won't have anywhere to store my 5'x8' USF tailgate trailer.  Plus we've downsized our tailgate parties to a point where it's not really needed any longer (we used it through the last home game of 2017).  It's not a looker by any means, needs a fresh coat of paint, but it rolls and it has served its purpose well.  The white PVC is a flagpole holder that we attached to the front right corner.  The first pics are from a few years back when we first painted it to show that it can look pretty good if given some love.  Let me know if anyone would like it otherwise it will probably be scrapped or donated (or whatever you do with trailers that nobody wants).  

Thanks!

Trailer at Tailgate 2.jpg

Trailer at Tailgate.jpg

Trailer Side.jpg

Trailer Now Side 2.jpg

Trailer Now Side.jpg

I see you have a PVC pole mounted to the exterior. I was thinking of doing something similar to use as a holder for a Flag pole made out of PVC. I was wondering if you did the same? I was thinking of using 1" PVC for the pole and 1.5" for the trailer mounted base. If you did this how tall were you able to raise your flags? Did you break them up in pieces so they could be stored? 

30 minutes ago, Nick Carroll said:

I see you have a PVC pole mounted to the exterior. I was thinking of doing something similar to use as a holder for a Flag pole made out of PVC. I was wondering if you did the same? I was thinking of using 1" PVC for the pole and 1.5" for the trailer mounted base. If you did this how tall were you able to raise your flags? Did you break them up in pieces so they could be stored? 

Yeah, I don't remember what the measurements were (I can get them), but we attached the base PVC to the corner of the trailer with U-brackets (needed rubber spacers to make it tight), then, for the flagpole, we took two 8' sections of PVC, the lower half being large enough to allow the upper half to slide inside of the lower part.  We drilled two holes through both pieces and ran bolts through them so that we could break it down and store in the trailer.  Once assembled, we just drop it right down into the base that is attached to the trailer.  They ended up being probably 15' in height when everything was hooked up.  This is a pic from several years ago in 30+ mph winds. They are still going strong and we will be using them on our new trailer this year.

Flagpole.jpg

• Content Count:  477

2 hours ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

Yeah, I don't remember what the measurements were (I can get them), but we attached the base PVC to the corner of the trailer with U-brackets (needed rubber spacers to make it tight), then, for the flagpole, we took two 8' sections of PVC, the lower half being large enough to allow the upper half to slide inside of the lower part.  We drilled two holes through both pieces and ran bolts through them so that we could break it down and store in the trailer.  Once assembled, we just drop it right down into the base that is attached to the trailer.  They ended up being probably 15' in height when everything was hooked up.  This is a pic from several years ago in 30+ mph winds. They are still going strong and we will be using them on our new trailer this year.

Flagpole.jpg

Awesome. Thanks. I don’t need the exact sizes. The information you’ve given is plenty. This is pretty much how I planned it. I’m going to do two flag poles. Each pole with only one flag. 

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,736
  • Days Won:  120

were you able to pass the trailer over to another Bulls fan?

• 2 months later...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

Some reason, my lack of dedication to the bullspen evidently, i just now saw this. Did you get someone to take the trailer?

13 hours ago, cophbulls said:

Some reason, my lack of dedication to the bullspen evidently, i just now saw this. Did you get someone to take the trailer?

I did.  Thanks!