• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs Memphis: Info and in game discussion

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, jg233 said:

David Collins is the most talented USF player since Dojo...Add a few more pieces around him and we will have a chance in every game.

He is definitely worthy of that number/name combination and I wouldn't be terribly shocked if, before he leaves, he overshadows the previous wearer of that combination ...

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I feel pretty good about the future growth and leadership.   Been a while.

Me too .... but still have to remember that he got a 6 year contract for a reason. We're losing a lot in the locker room and on the court with those three grad transfers. Hopefully Rideau and Lang can fill some of that upper class leadership, along with a healthy Holston and more utilized Martin. I won't be surprised if we hover around the same record next year, and won't mind if the newcomers to the program are able to get valuable experience, like Brown and Collins did this year.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  137
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Me too .... but still have to remember that he got a 6 year contract for a reason. We're losing a lot in the locker room and on the court with those three grad transfers. Hopefully Rideau and Lang can fill some of that upper class leadership, along with a healthy Holston and more utilized Martin. I won't be surprised if we hover around the same record next year, and won't mind if the newcomers to the program are able to get valuable experience, like Brown and Collins did this year.

While I agree with you about losing a lot in the locker room. I think the increase in talent will allow us to hover around .500. The growing pains will continue early in the season but with Collins having the key to the offense and having scorers like Rideau and *knock on wood* a healthy Holston, not to mention what appears to be a pretty solid recruiting class. The team will show another year of improvement.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

We have an actual point guard coming in (Rideau), another 3 point threat (Langston), the addition of Holston.  A solid wing player (Lang),  Solid rebounder in (Yeatna).  The weakness will be the interior (Dura & Scekic).  Would expect close to .500 next year.  ITs nice to see a progression with the team as compared to the regression we have seen the last 5 years

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, bcgruber said:

We have an actual point guard coming in (Rideau), another 3 point threat (Langston), the addition of Holston.  A solid wing player (Lang),  Solid rebounder in (Yeatna).  The weakness will be the interior (Dura & Scekic).  Would expect close to .500 next year.  ITs nice to see a progression with the team as compared to the regression we have seen the last 5 years

Have to agree about the inside game, and if we see it I know CBG sees it. Looking forward now to next season, proud of how we ended this one.

7 hours ago, MDBull20 said:

While I agree with you about losing a lot in the locker room. I think the increase in talent will allow us to hover around .500. The growing pains will continue early in the season but with Collins having the key to the offense and having scorers like Rideau and *knock on wood* a healthy Holston, not to mention what appears to be a pretty solid recruiting class. The team will show another year of improvement.

It's just me but I don't count on talent until it's proven on our court. Right now the only real talent I've seen is DC, possibly along with a healthy Holston. Brown has shown glimpses and could be fine. Martin may finally be a force with expanded PT .... still definitely more excited about hoops than during the COA Experiment.

3 hours ago, bcgruber said:

another 3 point threat (Langston)

Langston has opened up his recruiting ...

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

43 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Langston has opened up his recruiting ...

Crap didn't see that.....hope he decides to stay but not looking good

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

8 hours ago, bcgruber said:

I actually think a year with Greggory will equate to Scekic's game getting better.  He's shown he can coach guys up and I don't expect that to change.  I wouldn't be shocked if they won 17 games next season.  I think anything more is a bit of a stretch... 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

22 hours ago, Triple B said:

Me too .... but still have to remember that he got a 6 year contract for a reason.

And I know that reason, but I like what I see and hear.  

I don't have any unrealistic expectations.  Even before the Memphis and SMU wins I was in CBG's camp.  I think he's a real basketball guy and not just a "recruiter".  

I don't have a reason to expect we'll even be .500 next season....but that's fine for now.

• Upvote 2