• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What a ****

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

We spanked them three of the four times we have played them. In two countries.

http://www.winsipedia.com/south-florida/vs/northern-illinois

So.....

why-dont-you-just-sit-down-before-you-hurt-yourself.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

I mean he’s not lying that P6 thing has always screamed Bull **** to me. Yes we are a conference made up of teams on par with to slightly better than the bottom feeders of the P5, no that doesn’t make some narrative being screamed by our commissioner about us being at the big boy table true.

We were at the  big boy table we are at the kiddie table. Whether we like it or not that is the reality of our program and being the big fish in the little pond doesn’t mean we get treated like a fish in the sea. If UCiF played the schedule of any of the 4 playoff teams they drop more than 1. And if we were chirping about being national champions had we actually gone undefeated I would have been slightly embarrassed. 

Edited by 206BULL
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The AD from NIU is a total *****. He and his school is small time. He wanted there to be a separate G5 playoff. We may not have the best odds for a call up but he knows NIU has zero. Thus, he is butt hurt.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

He should have stopped right here ....

If you want to put a banner up that says ‘national championship,’ God bless you. You can do that. I’ve got no problem with [White] doing that. But to say they should have been in the final four is an unrealistic expectation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

Sadly, he is spot on. The P6 designation is bush league and the way UCF has reacted to beating a disinterested Auburn team has been an embarrassment to the AAC. I do think it hurts our combined effort to join a larger conference.

That being said...the AD from NIU is the wrong messenger

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,340
  • Days Won:  5

If he doesn't embrace the P 6 then why the h-e-l-l bother playing?   He did a dis-service to the  g-5 by talking that **** anyway.  He should be fired - like the baseball coach who said he wouldn't take a kid from CO b/c weed is legal there.

And for the strength of schedule and ucf thing, they beat who was in front of them and whether or not AU was "focused" they got beat on national TV. They were motivated but simply got beat.

Of course these are my opinions only.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,340
  • Days Won:  5

If I'm Danny White, I'd punch him in the face when said time comes.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

"And for the strength of schedule and ucf thing, they beat who was in front of them and whether or not AU was "focused" they got beat on national TV. They were motivated but simply got beat. "

AU lost. They seemed pretty motivated when they came back in the second half and went up on UCF. Jumping up and down on the sidelines, yelling at UCF fans behind the UA bench. They wanted to win and beat UCF badly, but they could not. Griffin and company had the O line running circles around them selves to protect the "much better then Milton" UA QB. 7 sacks in the first half I think.

UA looked slow. They lost. They got beat by a QB who probably had his worst game of the season, in part due to the UA D. Scoreboard. Nuff said.

The day that the AAC adopts a separate "non P5" tourney, will be the day I stop buying tickets, or watching college football. The NFL turned me off  2 or so years ago, have not watched a game since.

Just my opinion.

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

7 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

"And for the strength of schedule and ucf thing, they beat who was in front of them and whether or not AU was "focused" they got beat on national TV. They were motivated but simply got beat. "

AU lost. They seemed pretty motivated when they came back in the second half and went up on UCF. Jumping up and down on the sidelines, yelling at UCF fans behind the UA bench. They wanted to win and beat UCF badly, but they could not. Griffin and company had the O line running circles around them selves to protect the "much better then Milton" UA QB. 7 sacks in the first half I think.

UA looked slow. They lost. They got beat by a QB who probably had his worst game of the season, in part due to the UA D. Scoreboard. Nuff said.

The day that the AAC adopts a separate "non P5" tourney, will be the day I stop buying tickets, or watching college football. The NFL turned me off  2 or so years ago, have not watched a game since.

Just my opinion.

You don't change a mind set completely during a half time. UCF was definitely a good team and good enough to beat that Auburn team on that day. They didn't deserve to be in the 4 team playoff, which was the crux of the NIU's AD initial, media baited response ....