• Become a member

It's quick and free - and you will unlock other areas and features of The Bulls Pen as well as reduce the number of ads you see throughout the site.

• Members don't see this ad
Sign in to follow this  
brybull1970

AAC Bubble Watch (02.19.18)

LOCKS (3)

Cincinnati (RPI: 13)

• Record: 23-4 (12-2)
  • RPI Top 50 wins: Houston (19), Buffalo* (30), at Temple (40), Temple (40), at UCLA (48)
  • RPI 100+ losses: None
  • RPI Top 50 remains games: at Wichita State (16)
  • Likely fell off the two line with consecutive losses last weeK

Wichita State (RPI: 16)

• Record: 21-5 (11-3)
  • RPI Top 50 wins: at Cincinnati (13), Houston (19), Temple (40),  at Baylor (46)
  • RPI 100+ losses: SMU (101)
  • RPI Top 50 remaining games: Cincinnati (13)
  • 11-4 against RPI Top 100 teams and winners of 6 of their last 7

Houston (RPI: 19)

• Record: 21-5 (11-3)
  • RPI Top 50 wins: Cincinnati (13), Wichita State (16),  Arkansas (25), Providence* (35), Temple (40), at Temple (40)
  • RPI 100+ losses: at Tulane (165), Drexel* (221)
  • RPI Top 50 remaining games: none
  • 13-0 in home games (playing home games at Texas Southern during renovation), but only 8-5 in road/neutral site games

ON THE BUBBLE (0)

None

NIT BOUND (3)

Temple (RPI: 40)

• Record: 15-12 (7-8)
  • RPI Top 50 wins: Auburn* (8), Clemson* (9), Wichita State (16)
  • RPI 100+ losses: Memphis (114), Tulane (165), George Washington* (180), at LaSalle (188)
  • RPI Top 50 remaining games: none
  • Must win conference tournament after 21-point home loss to Houston

UCF (RPI: 63)

• Record: 17-9 (8-6)
  • RPI Top 50 wins: at Alabama (33j, Temple (40)
  • RPI 100+ losses: at SMU (101), at Connecticut (104)
  • RPI Top 50 remaining games: at Temple (40), Wichita State (16)
  • Have won three in a row after losing 5 of 7

Tulsa (RPI: 86)

• Record: 16-10 (9-5)
  • RPI Top 50 wins: None
  • RPI 100+ losses: at Memphis (114), Lamar (248)
  • RPI Top 50 remaining games: at Cincinnati (13), Temple (40) 
  • Without any quality wins needs to split last four games and win a conference tournament game to get into the NIT

NEEDS TO WIN THE CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT (6)

SMU (RPI: 101)

Connecticut (RPI: 104)

Memphis (RPI: 114)

Tulane (RPI: 165)

East Carolina (RPI: 273)

USF (RPI: 286)

Agree with the fact that Temple could still play their way back on the bubble but highly doubltfull too many loses need to get to conf champ game at the min.  to even be considered

46 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

Agree with the fact that Temple could still play their way back on the bubble but highly doubltfull too many loses need to get to conf champ game at the min.  to even be considered

Temple was playing their way back onto the bubble but needed to split in their games against Wichita State and Houston, but lost both. I guess it’s possible they could get an at large bid with a 20-13 record but with ACC and the Big 12 likely getting a combined 16 bids I don’t there will be room for them even if they run the table and get the conference championship game. They had a small margin for error already but the blowout home loss to Houston did them in.

100% agree with that.  Just creating conversation.  Love March Madness talk even better if USF is involved

1 hour ago, bcgruber said:

100% agree with that.  Just creating conversation.  Love March Madness talk even better if USF is involved

I’ll be in Vegas for the first weekend as part of annual trip I take with friends. Tons of fun.

Do I know you???  Me and a friend use to go every year, and met a group of USF alumni by chance out there years ago.  Best time ever is first weekend of the tourney.  Use to go to the Venetian 

4 hours ago, bcgruber said:

Do I know you???  Me and a friend use to go every year, and met a group of USF alumni by chance out there years ago.  Best time ever is first weekend of the tourney.  Use to go to the Venetian 

I’m typically in the Bellagio with our first year being USF’s last trip to the tournament.

If you’re looking for a dark horse team in the AAC conference tournament Tulsa May be a good option. They have won six in a row and moved to 17-10  overall and 10-5 in conference. They play at Cincinnati on Sunday.

On 2/22/2018 at 7:10 AM, brybull1970 said:

If you’re looking for a dark horse team in the AAC conference tournament Tulsa May be a good option. They have won six in a row and moved to 17-10  overall and 10-5 in conference. They play at Cincinnati on Sunday.

Tulsa leading at #11 Cincinnati at the half.

NOT A TYPO: Houston leads East Carolina at the half 62-13.