• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Temple Game 2018

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,549
  • Days Won:  29

My girls and I are planning to fly to NYC, take the train to Philly for the game and return to NYC.

Searches online seems that a round trip will be an easy adventure. Any insight?

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

21 minutes ago, E.T. said:

My girls and I are planning to fly to NYC, take the train to Philly for the game and return to NYC.

Searches online seems that a round trip will be an easy adventure. Any insight?

Go BULLS !!!

Taken that trip many a time back in the day. Leave Penn Station and go to 30th street station in Philadelphia. Takes about an hour and a half on AmTrack. From there you can get on the Market-Frankford Subway then change over to the Broad Street subway heading southbound. Of course you can also take an Uber from 30th Street station too. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

ET, I'm thinking about hitting this game.  I'll let you know soon if its a sure thing.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

The Broad St stop puts you about a 250 yard walk to the stadium.  Try to arrive a bit early and you could hit Xfinity Live or Chickie and Pete's.  Both easy walks to the stadium.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I realize this is a very long way out (weekend before Thanksgiving) but if anyone has questions or needs advice I'm here to help.  Philly is a great city with lots to do.  If you are able to make a long weekend out of this game you will not be disappointed.

Go Bulls!

As a side-note how interesting would this weekend be, if by chance, Q. Flowers makes Cincy's roster as they play at Baltimore on Sunday (Nov. 18th) which is only a 90 minute ride south on 95 from Philly.

• 3 months later...

Now that we look pretty decent and Temple looks like it has problems, I am thinking of taking the train down from Boston’s South Station to 30th Street Station in Philly. About a 5 1/2 trip but at $120 round trip this may be too good to pass up. Has anyone who is going looked into overnight accommodations? Would like to stay at a hotel with USF fans as I will more than likely be traveling alone. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716

Now that we're done with the Chicago trip, I've started looking into hotels for Philly. The hotel we stayed at two years ago is more than double the price because the Philadelphia Marathon is running that weekend. If you book through the marathon's site, you can find prices around $200/night. Otherwise, you'll want to look into hotels in the suburbs or by the airport (which is very close to the stadium). The prices on Airbnb seem to not be affected by the marathon at this time and you can find some deals there.

The race is on Sunday and runs through Center City and West Philly. That's something good to keep in mind when thinking about getting out of the city on Sunday. Here's the map of the route: https://philadelphiamarathon.phila.gov/#/full

27 minutes ago, &rew Bull said:

Now that we're done with the Chicago trip, I've started looking into hotels for Philly. The hotel we stayed at two years ago is more than double the price because the Philadelphia Marathon is running that weekend. If you book through the marathon's site, you can find prices around $200/night. Otherwise, you'll want to look into hotels in the suburbs or by the airport (which is very close to the stadium). The prices on Airbnb seem to not be affected by the marathon at this time and you can find some deals there.

The race is on Sunday and runs through Center City and West Philly. That's something good to keep in mind when thinking about getting out of the city on Sunday. Here's the map of the route: https://philadelphiamarathon.phila.gov/#/full

I was wondering why the prices were so high. I may stay out of philly do I can avoid the marathon and the high rates. 

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716

46 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was wondering why the prices were so high. I may stay out of philly do I can avoid the marathon and the high rates. 

The prices by the airport look really good. I'm seeing a price of $136/night for the Doubletree down there. I'm not sure about the safety of that immediate area but can't imagine it being too bad because it's in the airport property. I'm sure @Bausfkid would know a lot better than most of us.

At this point, staying there is probably our best bet for making the trip. We're avoiding Airbnb for this trip because we can't attend a night game and there's no such thing as a full refund through the service.