• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Frats will miss first football game of the season... again.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Going to a Bulls football game >>>>>>>> paying insane amounts of money for friends and tshirts.

The frats should force move the dates.

Edited by Joe
  • Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Going to a Bulls football game >>>>>>>> paying insane amounts of money for friends and tshirts.

The frats should force move the dates.

Literally just explained that the “frats” have nothing to do with this. 🙄

To be fair,  you’re entitled to your opinion, but if you weren’t/aren’t a part of it, you can’t objectively say what has more value over the other. 

People pay insane amounts of money for many frivolous things. One would think that making an investment in friends and experiences has more value than a myriad of said “frivolous” things. And that’s not to mention that we’re talking about a non-conference “cupcake” game. 

Edited by HyperBullee
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I'll say the same thing I say every year when this inevitably happens....  If the Greek community cared enough they would be all over the administration to make sure this doesn't happen moving forward.  I'm sure I'll be right back here again next year when this happens yet again.   Who says USF doesn't have tradition!! 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I'll say the same thing I say every year when this inevitably happens....  If the Greek community cared enough they would be all over the administration to make sure this doesn't happen moving forward.  I'm sure I'll be right back here again next year when this happens yet again.   Who says USF doesn't have tradition!! 

First, USF just doesn’t have it. It annoys me how many good things are introduced one season and discontinued the following season. 

Second, I recognize that going back and forth with those who weren’t/aren’t a part of the Fraternity/Sorority community is a waste of time. 

So I’ll leave it at this: While I can understand, and to a degree, agree with your (whomever applies) sentiments, as a former high ranking student leader, I must say that trying to work with administration is WAY easier said than done. Have a great day all. Go Bulls. 🤘🏾

Edited by HyperBullee
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

So no excuse not to be at the Georgia Tech home game the following Saturday.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

54 minutes ago, HyperBullee said:

Literally just explained that the “frats” have nothing to do with this. 🙄

To be fair,  you’re entitled to your opinion, but if you weren’t/aren’t a part of it, you can’t objectively say what has more value over the other. 

People pay insane amounts of money for many frivolous things. One would think that making an investment in friends and experiences has more value than a myriad of said “frivolous” things. And that’s not to mention that we’re talking about a non-conference “cupcake” game. 

I was in a fraternity for a bit. I quickly realized it was ********. This is a perfect example.

• Downvote 3

42 minutes ago, HyperBullee said:

First, USF just doesn’t have it. It annoys me how many good things are introduced one season and discontinued the following season. 

Second, I recognize that going back and forth with those who weren’t/aren’t a part of the Fraternity/Sorority community is a waste of time. 

So I’ll leave it at this: While I can understand, and to a degree, agree with your (whomever applies) sentiments, as a former high ranking student leader, I must say that trying to work with administration is WAY easier said than done. Have a great day all. Go Bulls. 🤘🏾

If they wanted to get it done they could.   When the Greek community truly cares about something and uses all of their resources to get something done they can pull off some impressive things (community service events, fundraising etc).  I don't buy at all that the Greek community couldn't get this done if they truly wanted to.  After the first time this happened they should've been blowing up the phone at athletics to get a meeting with the AD to get them on their side (easy win) and try to roll that into a meeting the school Administration. 

If the full force of the Greeks made this a problem for athletics and the admin this would get fixed ASAP.  Instead we get the yearly feigned exasperation from the current and former Greek community throws their hands in the air and walks away from the issue.   Instead it's rinse and repeat and we'll be right back here again next year.....

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

If they wanted to get it done they could.   When the Greek community truly cares about something and uses all of their resources to get something done they can pull off some impressive things (community service events, fundraising etc).  I don't buy at all that the Greek community couldn't get this done if they truly wanted to.  After the first time this happened they should've been blowing up the phone at athletics to get a meeting with the AD to get them on their side (easy win) and try to roll that into a meeting the school Administration. 

If the full force of the Greeks made this a problem for athletics and the admin this would get fixed ASAP.  Instead we get the yearly feigned exasperation from the current and former Greek community throws their hands in the air and walks away from the issue.   Instead it's rinse and repeat and we'll be right back here again next year.....

Why is this the Greek system's problem to fix? Football needs them a hell of a lot more than they need football.

5 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Why is this the Greek system's problem to fix? Football needs them a hell of a lot more than they need football.

It's a problem that EVERYONE needs to fix.  We get the same explanation every year when this goes down that it's the admins fault.  If they (the Greek community) truly cared about the issue they would make it a big enough issue/problem (ie hounding the admin, AD, ETC) that it would be fixed.  Instead they basically say it's not their fault and walk away from the issue.   Blowing phones up and sending emails every day goes a long way in situations like this, the squeaky wheel gets the grease and what not.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

It's a problem that EVERYONE needs to fix.  We get the same explanation every year when this goes down that it's the admins fault.  If they (the Greek community) truly cared about the issue they would make it a big enough issue/problem (ie hounding the admin, AD, ETC) that it would be fixed.  Instead they basically say it's not their fault and walk away from the issue.   Blowing phones up and sending emails every day goes a long way in situations like this, the squeaky wheel gets the grease and what not.  

I guess that's my point, why does the Greek system NEED to do anything? They're doing exactly what they want to do and exactly what works best for them. I'd also be willing to bet they think their contributions to the university far outweigh those of football in the past, present, and future.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1