Hi Guest,

Just a quick note to remind you the USF Bulls Fan Fest is this Saturday, August 11th, from 1-4 p.m. at the on campus Yuengling Center.

This is your opportunity to meet the USF 2018-19 teams!

More information on board and calendar (address and RSVP).

Join the Stampede at the Yuengling Center!

Brad Brad
  • Become a member

It's quick and free - and you will unlock other areas and features of The Bulls Pen as well as reduce the number of ads you see throughout the site.

• Members do not see this ad
Sign in to follow this  
Apis Bull

Here's the real signing day surprise

15 minutes ago, charsibb said:

In the ether, huh? Did it look like this?

Ether as in the heavens not the gas.

31 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Deep in my heart, I know that what you think is a meatball sub is actually a crap sandwich.  :)

Honestly what is unique, interesting or special about a Publix sub? I don’t think they are horrible by any stretch of the imagination but they are equally not special and the definition of average.

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Honestly what is unique, interesting or special about a Publix sub? I don’t think they are horrible by any stretch of the imagination but they are equally not special and the definition of average.

I used to really like the chicken tender sub when I was at USF. I never saw anything like that on the J-mikes or firehouse menu. outside of that, very average. 

Edited by BrassBulls12
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

That's essentially what the Mad Cow is for - to avoid people having their sensibilities snickered. It's pretty much tamed down though.

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Until you got a certain poster with his animal screenname who started downvoting any post opposite his side of the aisle to the extreme, and single-handedly changed smazza's reputation points into the green forever. 

Just to clarify, it was a non Bull related animal screen name ....

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Just to clarify, it was a non Bull related animal screen name ....

thanks, lol. As someone who still has no clue what this is referencing, I was thinking, man that really narrows it down.:8_laughing: 

Nobody enjoys the fact that Publix subs are literally 50% bigger than any of the competitors? The value makes it taste even better.

I didn't down vote.

I must admit I saw the construction on my way out yesterday and wasn't too thrilled with it. I'm dubious they can fix the already apocalyptic Palm/Fletcher intersection to be able to handle a Publix sitting there. Much as I love the idea of a Publix on campus this is going to destroy on of the major exits at quitting time.

But maybe they'll magically widen Palm enough to handle it and everything will be awesome.

20 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

thanks, lol. As someone who still has no clue what this is referencing, I was thinking, man that really narrows it down.:8_laughing: 

It was meant to be mysterious, otherwise I would have just come out and said the person's name ...

19 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

Nobody enjoys the fact that Publix subs are literally 50% bigger than any of the competitors? The value makes it taste even better.

I think Jersey Mike's Swedish-made sub enlarger is a little better than Publix's.  

Publix's bread is just better.  Always get the multigrain and it is fantastic.  

People are entitled to their opinions, even when they're wrong. 

And even though Publix subs are the best - I'd be hard pressed (pun not intended) to ever declare any food in the sandwich category as "special."  I usually reserve that word for much higher-end, truly unique selections of fare.

Although, even though it's in a class by its own, do you guys have a Penn Station down there?  For Philly Cheesesteaks?  OMG.  That's about as close to a truly Philly from Philly that I've ever had.