• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here's the real signing day surprise

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

5 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

My favorite subs:

Publix

Firehouse

Jersey Mike's

Jimmy John's

Good line up. I tried Jersey Mike’s for the 1st time last year and was surprised. Firehouse is one of my favs 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, ForestBull said:

Probably not a popular opinion but I used to love quiznos. Mmmm toasty

Quiznos is under rated.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Firehouse and Jersey Mike’s are both way better than Publix, Jimmy Johns is probably a tie since at least they are fast.

Maybe I just don't know what to order, but everything I get at Jimmy John's taste bland. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Maybe I just don't know what to order, but everything I get at Jimmy John's taste bland. 

I agree they are not by favorite by any stretch of the imagination. They are average at best and their only redeeming quality is being fast, something that is the complete opposite of Publix which seems to have confused being slow with being quality.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

8 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Their bread is about the only thing I like besides their delivery being so fast.   I know that feel, bro.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Also, you can now order your Publix sub online so all you have to do is walk in, pick it up, and pay at a register.  I haven't actually ordered at the sub counter/waited in line in the deli in like 3 years......Complete game changer since my main complaint about pub subs was the wait.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

5 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Why did I get a down vote for posting this?

And another down vote for asking why? Weird.

The only thing I can think of is that it's unrelated to signing day and the poster wanted to punish you for creating a clickbait headline....

1 minute ago, charsibb said:

And another down vote for asking why? Weird.

The only thing I can think of is that it's unrelated to signing day and the poster wanted to punish you for creating a clickbait headline....

Historically on the internet that would be the only good use of a down vote (not being on topic) and not saying inconvenient truths like Publix subs aren’t that great, the AAC is our worst nightmare and we would be better off with UCF curling up and dying than we are with trying to declare them national champions. That being said I don’t understand passive aggressive people that like to downvote over fear of confronting someone on the scary streets of the internet.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Publix lost a spot with me when they 86'ed their presses and stopped making delicious honey butter smothered pressed Cubans. And they seem to have slowed wayyy down on service, the one up here off 54 rarely even has 2 people working the sub counter during peak times. And their bread doesn't seem to stay as soft or fresh as it used to.

I don't get the Subway hate, some of their stuff sucks, but it's not terrible. Jimmy Johns is the same thing, kinda bland but fast - I just can't keep all the insides from spilling out the back half the time though.

Jersey Mike's is where it's at for me. Firehouse and Quiznos are cool (if you can still find a Quiznos), but some of the Firehouse steamed meats don't agree with me for some reason. But that brisket sub is good enough it took me a few times to realize it was an automatic visit to the men's room a few hours later, :70_poop:

Back on topic, at the very least, I'd kill to have a Publix on campus because being able to walk to get groceries and back to the dorm would've saved me a heck of a lot of money and time back in the day.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Historically on the internet that would be the only good use of a down vote (not being on topic) and not saying inconvenient truths like Publix subs aren’t that great, the AAC is our worst nightmare and we would be better off with UCF curling up and dying than we are with trying to declare them national champions. That being said I don’t understand passive aggressive people that like to downvote over fear of confronting someone on the scary streets of the internet.

I guess there can be a myriad of reasons for the voting. I always thought it was basically for agreeing/disagreeing with  a post's sentiments enough to express that without actually posting ...

• Downvote 1