• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Free USF Game worn jersey for renewing tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

5 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

How many were the cheap seats?  We're now the Wal-Mart of college football.

None, considering the $99 seats are new this year.  And Wal-Mart is worth about $250B so not to shabby for the Bulls!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,449
  • Days Won:  13

4 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Not sure "crying" is what I'm doing over the cheap seats.  My point is not to degrade you or anyone else who sits in these seats. 

Price has never been cited as a reason for poor attendance.  We give free tickets to games and can't get butts in seats.  There is a much deeper attendance problem and price is not in the top 5 reason as to why no one goes to games.

As far as price goes like every business  there is a break even point on the seat cost.  I don't know what the break even point is for our games. 

At $99 a seat for a 6 game schedule that is $16.50 a game.  Figure each game lasts 3 hours that's $5.50 an hour for entertainment.  I defy anyone to find a better value or how USFAA is making money.

Go Bulls!

About the same cost as a Movie, or a concert that is sold on Groupon for $25, a concert to many shows that Live Nation offers for $20 a ticket during their Summer sale, A comedy show at Side Splitters, etc....

It seems many Universities are doing it, including UCF and UM. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I want to know where to get the abundance of free tickets for the games so I can pick those up.  And would like to see the top 5 reasons for these attendance "problems" that doesn't include cost.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

I want to know where to get the abundance of free tickets for the games so I can pick those up.  And would like to see the top 5 reasons for these attendance "problems" that doesn't include cost.

I think there's only 3 real reasons for attendance "problems ...

1. Apathy

2. Distance .... although if you really wanted to support the program you could buy tix and donate/give away.

3. Cost

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

1. Apathy

2. Distance .... although if you really wanted to support the program you could buy tix and donate/give away.

3. Cost

4. Schedule, both the days and times of the games as well as the teams on it.

5. When people stop going the atmosphere gets worse, it seems like the not cool thing to do, less people go and the cycle continues.

6. Instability of the program and a revolving door of the face of the program after greater than a decade of one person building something from nothing and spreading that enthusiasm.

7. College football in general facing declines.

8. Red seats and pirate ships.

9. Mall parking lot insane all day tailgating disappearing. 

10. The AAC

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

37 minutes ago, puc86 said:

5. When people stop going the atmosphere gets worse, it seems like the not cool thing to do, less people go and the cycle continues.

6. Instability of the program and a revolving door of the face of the program after greater than a decade of one person building something from nothing and spreading that enthusiasm.

10. The AAC

#8 is just one of the many reasons that the OCS will help. RJS is not good on day games as the sun blasts the fans away on over half the stadium. Needs overhangs like Miami did. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,449
  • Days Won:  13

7 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

#8 is just one of the many reasons that the OCS will help. RJS is not good on day games as the sun blasts the fans away on over half the stadium. Needs overhangs like Miami did. 

I knew this was coming

2 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

The overall atmosphere right now is just bad. It wasn’t as big of a deal when the seats were filled with green and gold but now on our best day only half the seats our filled. Something needs to change and change in a hurry because it feels like a funeral on most game days. We need to find anyway to make people come to the stadium and be loud and proud. I think the $99 seats and the jersey incentive is a good start but we need to get more drastic in our measures, make USF football fun again. We should have made the old away team sections standing sections since it wouldn’t have effected any current season ticket holders. Also I agree with you more shade would be a huge benefit to the stadium. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I knew this was coming

Well the shade part is true and the red seats do stick out like a sore thumb when the place is mostly empty. Maybe we can just change our color scheme and mascot.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

1. Apathy

3. Cost

54 minutes ago, puc86 said:

10. The AAC

4 thru 10 = Apathy .... just depends on which excuse you want to assign to it.

• Upvote 1