• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

flsportsfan83

USF Finally sells $99 Season Tickets for football

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If the lightening started to lose and miss the playoffs they too would fall into the above category 

As would most teams in most cities, but the lightening attendance has stayed relatively steady for over a decade with only some slight drops when the team floundered for multiple years

The Bolts missed the playoffs last year and still have support. The biggest difference in my opinion is Vinik's approach to getting the community and fans involved.

They called me today season tickets are confirmed for $99 two seats each came to 213 with fees in section 131 row C.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw

23 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

They called me today season tickets are confirmed for $99 two seats each came to 213 with fees in section 131 row C.

Did you think I was lying and posted a fake picture of my invoice? :lmao:

2018.jpg

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, JTrue said:

I'll give you USF. Moving here, I've found the Bucs have a bizarrely good fan base, seeing as how they're pretty sucky and have been relatively sucky for a long time. I think the Rays get pretty good loyalty considering they're in a different city, it's nearly impossible to go to a weeknight game (doubly so if you have kids), and, in the grand scheme of things, they're just aging into their first generation of people who grew up with a hometown team and don't have a team they were fans of before expansion. In regards to the Lightning, you my sir, are on crack.

So, I see your logic in most of what you said; but, when Yzerman has to come out and put a rule that no Red Wings/visitor jerseys are allowed during the playoffs 2 years ago (albeit on the camera side, it shows the lack of die hard support and a fear of being over run in your building), it shows that I'm not out of line in questioning the loyalty of Lightning fans. I'm sure the support is better, and it should be, because you guys have a phenomenal team, arena and system in place. Let's just not go crazy with the Lightning rabid fan base talk. 

34 minutes ago, michibull said:

So, I see your logic in most of what you said; but, when Yzerman has to come out and put a rule that no Red Wings/visitor jerseys are allowed during the playoffs 2 years ago (albeit on the camera side, it shows the lack of die hard support and a fear of being over run in your building), it shows that I'm not out of line in questioning the loyalty of Lightning fans. I'm sure the support is better, and it should be, because you guys have a phenomenal team, arena and system in place. Let's just not go crazy with the Lightning rabid fan base talk. 

That's the way it is when you have young teams in areas like Tampa Bay. With local transplants and tix being available on the Internet, it's just as easy for opposing fans to get single game tickets as it is for local fans. You're always going to have a greater percentage of them here than in most arenas. It's just the nature of the beast ..... and to be clear, Yzerman put the rule in for just the 2 club areas, not the whole arena. I think it's pretty acceptable to talk about a Lightning rabid fan base, especially in light of the fact that the team that doesn't even have a generation of fans under its belt yet. I do, though, sense a little of butt hurt from your SE Mich roots considering the main architect of the team right now and I really can't blame you.

45 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That's the way it is when you have young teams in areas like Tampa Bay. With local transplants and tix being available on the Internet, it's just as easy for opposing fans to get single game tickets as it is for local fans. You're always going to have a greater percentage of them here than in most arenas. It's just the nature of the beast ..... and to be clear, Yzerman put the rule in for just the 2 club areas, not the whole arena. I think it's pretty acceptable to talk about a Lightning rabid fan base, especially in light of the fact that the team that doesn't even have a generation of fans under its belt yet. I do, though, sense a little of butt hurt from your SE Mich roots considering the main architect of the team right now and I really can't blame you.

Touché!! But to be fair, from my time at USF, I grew to love the Lightning. I will always be a Red Wing fan first, but I still wear my Lightning gear around town and it's a good talking point. I love Tampa and always tell people up here how great the city is and that Detroit can't compare. I maybe different from most, but I supported the local teams and did not wear Detroit gear inside Tampa stadiums/arenas. I get the transplant point, I do and it's valid; but, I guess I'm just wired differently, because my love for teams is from the tradition of watching them with my dad. If I still lived down there, and was going to games with my kids, those traditions would trump my Michigan roots and those teams would become #1 because of watching with my kids. By the way, yes, I'm jealous, I wish Stevie Y would come back to Detroit, he's my all time favorite player, haha. 

Edited by michibull

7 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Did you think I was lying and posted a fake picture of my invoice? :lmao:

No I just did not know if it was a limited deal or sold out of the deal.

So, we have 6 home games instead of 7(started with at least) and prices didn't change? That's a bummer.