• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Finally sells $99 Season Tickets for football

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

I emailed them about the $99 tickets and have not heard back.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  952
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/28/2018 at 8:37 PM, Bausfkid said:

I always appreciate your counterpoint. 

The market value is clearly zero then.  Tampa does not support USF and AA and AA better figure it out pretty quick.  3M people and we can't 25K.  200K USF Alumni within two hours of drive time and we can't get 5% of that number.  Embarrassing.

This!! I really believe that Tampa has the worst sports fans in the country. Whether it's Lightning, Rays, Bucs or USF, no team gets the respect or loyalty they deserve. I could not believe the sports culture change from SE Michigan. I get that there is so much more to do in FL, but it's no excuse to not support your school or teams for 3-4 hours once a week for 6 weeks a year. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

51 minutes ago, michibull said:

This!! I really believe that Tampa has the worst sports fans in the country. Whether it's Lightning, Rays, Bucs or USF, no team gets the respect or loyalty they deserve. I could not believe the sports culture change from SE Michigan. I get that there is so much more to do in FL, but it's no excuse to not support your school or teams for 3-4 hours once a week for 6 weeks a year. 

I'll give you USF. Moving here, I've found the Bucs have a bizarrely good fan base, seeing as how they're pretty sucky and have been relatively sucky for a long time. I think the Rays get pretty good loyalty considering they're in a different city, it's nearly impossible to go to a weeknight game (doubly so if you have kids), and, in the grand scheme of things, they're just aging into their first generation of people who grew up with a hometown team and don't have a team they were fans of before expansion. In regards to the Lightning, you my sir, are on crack.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, michibull said:

Atlanta is a WAY worse town with fair weather sports fans.  Watch a Braves or Hawks game when they aren't near the top of the standings.  There is nobody there.  That's why they've lost the NHL...TWICE! 

Tampa/USF's issue, IMO, is that there are too many transplants who have their loyalties elsewhere, and most alumni didn't have football when they were on campus and are not engaged with the university.  I graduated in 1995 and there are friends of mine who couldn't name 3 kids on the roster.  I ask them why they don't care about USF football (when I know they are football fans in general) and I'm told 1) there wasn't football when we were here, so I don't really care, or 2) they're not in a big conference so they'll never be able to play any meaningful games.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, michibull said:

JT pretty much nailed it ...... but just to further emphasize, " In regards to the Lightning, you my sir, are on crack."

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

If the lightening started to lose and miss the playoffs they too would fall into the above category 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

Am I reading the email correctly?  Did they say season ticket prices aren't changing?  But didn't we pay for 7 games last year? Does that mean we'll pay for 7 again but we're playing 6? If so, that is an increase in ticket prices.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Am I reading the email correctly?  Did they say season ticket prices aren't changing?  But didn't we pay for 7 games last year? Does that mean we'll pay for 7 again but we're playing 6? If so, that is an increase in ticket prices.

That is correct I just renewed, and the only reason my seats are 'cheaper' than last year is i opted to roll over the missed game to this year, but yeah the season ticket package seem to be almost exactly the same price. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If the lightening started to lose and miss the playoffs they too would fall into the above category 

As would most teams in most cities, but the lightening attendance has stayed relatively steady for over a decade with only some slight drops when the team floundered for multiple years

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

The Bolts missed the playoffs last year and still have support. The biggest difference in my opinion is Vinik's approach to getting the community and fans involved.