• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tonight USF vs. UCF - Info and In game discussion (Off topic)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Remember when it was unthinkable that UCF would beat us in anything? This whole package deal, same conference, rivalry thing really has been an amazing thing for us 🤢

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

They seem to be pursuing ... something....

I want to stay positive in this thread (at least until halfitme, :) ).  

Yeah I still laugh, painfully, on the inisde remembering when we decided to extend an offer to UCF to join Judy's new conference.

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

They seem to be pursuing ... something....

I want to stay positive in this thread (at least until halfitme, :) ).  

Yeah I still laugh, painfully, on the inisde remembering when we decided to extend an offer to UCF to join Judy's new conference.

Maybe the Indian spirits shine down on us today and I will have reason to a rainbow in the Eeyore cloud that’s been following us around since that moment but for the most part I think that will be remembered as the day USF Athletics died, either that or the firing of CJL. Something drastic needs to change and yet somehow we have people loving UCF , the AAC and wanting to be the king of this wasteland known as the G5 as if other crappy teams being more successful than us will somehow change our station. I miss the days of old where played Louisville and Crumb called us the worst fans in America. Now no coach hates playing against us, no fans hate us, no one cares and it makes me sad. Long live Greensburgopolis, long live the Reaper and long live this better days of old.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, puc86 said:

Remember when it was unthinkable that UCF would beat us in anything? This whole package deal, same conference, rivalry thing really has been an amazing thing for us 🤢

Yes I remember (:facepalm:), but how this has been "amazing" for us is a bit dubious--at least for the most visible sports anyway.

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,087
  • Days Won:  56

10 hours ago, puc86 said:

True this. There was a time that baseball was the only sport that UCF was around .500 vs. USF. The Bulls dominated just about everything else. They've gotten better, we've stood still and men's basketball has been the biggest missed opportunity in school history. From hiring Lee Rose and winning the Florida Four to this?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, UCFKnight04 said:
22 hours ago, puc86 said:

I get the sentiment but you guys are just really low right now.  Would you rather be losing to C-USA UCF (assuming the games got scheduled)?

We actually went 3-3 against you when we were in that league and you were in a really really elite Big East (07-13).   The change that happened wasn't so much our invite into this league but rather our exodus from the Atlantic Sun with the Stetsons, Mercers and Jacksonvilles while playing in a 2500 seat gym.

Right now I'm just trying to close my eyes and hope that 1-2 years from now we'll be back to being at least .500 in conference. We'd probably lose to Atlantic Sun teams right now, so there's a lot of unthinkables beyond UCF right now.

7 hours ago, UCFKnight04 said:

I get the sentiment but you guys are just really low right now.  Would you rather be losing to C-USA UCF (assuming the games got scheduled)?

We actually went 3-3 against you when we were in that league and you were in a really really elite Big East (07-13).   The change that happened wasn't so much our invite into this league but rather our exodus from the Atlantic Sun with the Stetsons, Mercers and Jacksonvilles while playing in a 2500 seat gym.  

I would rather be in the higher league and rarely if every schedule the games. Playing  UCF has never once brought anything of value to USF. Sports are a zero sum game and for you guys to andvance someone has to fall back, sadly your advancement has been at our expense. We should have stepped on your throats and had no association with you when we had the chance but unfortunately for our progression we have bought into the stronger together bs that has dragged us to a previously unthinkable low. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I would rather be in the higher league and rarely if every schedule the games. Playing  UCF has never once brought anything of value to USF. Sports are a zero sum game and for you guys to andvance someone has to fall back, sadly your advancement has been at our expense. We should have stepped on your throats and had no association with you when we had the chance but unfortunately for our progression we have bought into the stronger together bs that has dragged us to a previously unthinkable low. 

You should change your handle to “Love AAC”

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You should change your handle to “Love AAC”

I am considering it.

2 minutes ago, UCFKnight04 said:

Just not true.   Football was a "winner advance" this year but we aren't keeping you out if the NCAA in any other sport on our own. 

Unless you really think Miami was going to get on board with some sort of rivalry with you...the pros will outweigh the cons. I think they already have but can see why this season might not be the best time to try to sell you on that idea. 

Please begin your sales pitch on how there has been any pros on our side by our poor association with you. Being in the AAC and playing you has given us less money, fewer fans, loss of coaches, smaller uniform contracts, less national respect, worse recruiting and worse bowl options. It is probably hard for you to understand because while this is the worst station we have found ourselves in when it comes to conferences it is the best you have ever found yourselves in. The AAC is 💩 partly by bringing in teams like you and we couldn’t play with 💩 without getting some on us. You kicked and screamed and threw tantrums until some actually believed there was something to be gained by this “rivalry” but the only one that benefited was the team that was left for dead. Good for UCF for capitalizing but don’t expect us to think   anything great has happened to us from this embarrassing relationship.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1