• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Laksa Lands on Weekly Honor Roll

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

3 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

There aren't a lot of Nick Sabans out there in football.  You're pointing to the best, maybe ever, WBB coach.  There are/was Pat Summitt, Geno, Muffett and less than a handful of others that have had dominant teams.  And, if you were a ND fan, should you want to fire Muffett because she can't beat Geno?  To expect USF to land one of these coaches is probably not reasonable.  I can't think of a coach that we could get that would do better than Jose.

I disagree with your opinion about getting the best out of his players.  These aren't world class athletes.  They are skilled but struggle keeping really quick players in front of them on defense.  My history with WBB at USF isn't deep but don't remember many players with the athletic ability of Courtney Williams.  Conversely trying to blow by defenders one on one is difficult against the elite, quick teams.

My only irritation at this point is that CJF has doubled down the point of getting players from Europe that we're trying to play Euroball against top ten teams and failing whenever we come up against a UConn or any top ten team. The physical toughness isn't always there with the players, sure some of them had it, but none of them had the physicality of Courtney Williams or Alisia Jenkins. This approach has its limits. Maybe it's not now, but at some point this team needs to get over the hump and get to the Sweet 16 at least. The one good thing is that it doesn't look like we're losing against more physical teams like Temple or UCF now-so perhaps it's just an incremental approach. 

The year to beat UConn would have been with Court, Alisia, and Laksa in her freshman year. That team wasn't at full health but I'm pretty sure it could have made it a game to the fourth quarter at least. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,469
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

You should know,  since you’re the biggest troll on TBP.

Your failure to provide anything to support that CJF's teams have underachieved is duly noted ...