• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Illinois game 2018

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

Maybe it's the dates.  I tried just now using 9/14-9/16 and am getting a $179/night rate.

I got the same with those dates. It's when I expanded out to 9/12-9/16 it went to the higher rate. Currently have the Hampton Inn in the theatre district so I'm still set but may call later to see what the deal is with the conflicting rates for the Palmer. Thanks for the info.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,025
  • Content Count:  7,473
  • Days Won:  10

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I got the same with those dates. It's when I expanded out to 9/12-9/16 it went to the higher rate. Currently have the Hampton Inn in the theatre district so I'm still set but may call later to see what the deal is with the conflicting rates for the Palmer. Thanks for the info.

I know it may be a hassle, but you could split hotels.  The Majestic Hampton (which is one I've stayed at before) is just a few blocks away from the Palmer on Monroe.

1 hour ago, Ricky the Bull said:

I know it may be a hassle, but you could split hotels.  The Majestic Hampton (which is one I've stayed at before) is just a few blocks away from the Palmer on Monroe.

Yeah, thought of that but that decision's above my pay grade .... may look into it, though.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Will be there 9/12 - 9/16.  Flying United in to O’Hare on the 12th and staying at the Fairfield Inn/Downtown.  Very much looking forward to this roadie.  Go Bulls!

Jchem and I are also thinking of making the Houston roadie.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Flight booked.  $250 round trip thru SW, not too bad.  Leaving Tampa at 7:15 AM on Thursday and returning around Midnight on Sunday.  Friday planning on going to the Cubs game.  For those going, lets meet up for some cocktails.  Maybe Thursday night?  or Friday night?  Somewhere in downtown?  I'm up for anything, should be a fun trip!

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

On 3/21/2018 at 1:13 PM, Triple B said:

Big convention in town that ends on Thursday. May be the reason for rates.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,594
  • Days Won:  6

Okay all set to be at this game with family and friends including alums living in Chicago and Michigan..  Did a little digging and called Illini ticket office.  Was told the USF allocation would be in sections 101-105.  I see that section 103 is now on sale to the general public on ticketmaster so I'm hoping our tickets will be pulled from sections 104 and 105.  

GO BULLS!  STAMPEDE CHICAGO!

seatingmap-soldierfield-illinoisfootball

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,025
  • Content Count:  7,473
  • Days Won:  10

On 3/21/2018 at 2:57 PM, Triple B said:

Yeah, thought of that but that decision's above my pay grade .... may look into it, though.

I'm staying at the Palmer House this week and the Hampton is almost across the street.  By the way, 'Hamilton' is playing at the theater next to the Hampton (Majestic).

I'm going to try to tack on an extra day and come back Monday.

25 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

By the way, 'Hamilton' is playing at the theater next to the Hampton (Majestic).

Was thinking about maybe checking out a play while there but if Chicago Hamilton Broadway prices are at all like NY Hamilton prices, I'm not taking out a second mortgage to see a play ...... plus, I guess I'm not refined enough because I just don't get the Hamilton Mania to begin with.

Edit: Did just check one site and the prices for Hamilton there seem fairly reasonable, relatively speaking.. Any idea the best site to go to for shows there?

Edited by Triple B

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,594
  • Days Won:  6

I got great side orchestra seats for Hamilton in Chicago on ticketmaster for $195 each plus crazy fees so around $225 each.  Comparable seats in NY are $600.