• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Illinois game 2018

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Sweet. 65 sounds manageable in one night. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  45

Got this email today...

The USF Bulls are headed to Chicago to battle Illinois and your Alumni Association is ready to take you to the heart of the action. Join fellow Bulls fans on the official USF travel package, and enjoy the ultimate football weekend experience with deluxe hotel accommodations, convenient transportation, the official USF pregame party, and much more.

Space is limited! Sign up now and join us for all of the exciting festivities in downtown Chicago! We look forward to seeing you for what promises to be another memorable USF football experience.

BOOK NOW

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930
  • Days Won:  0

Was just in Chicago this past weekend hitting up the brewery scene, if you need some recommendations I gots em.  Going back for this game too just booked the flight. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

On 6/29/2018 at 4:43 PM, beefy620 said:

Was just in Chicago this past weekend hitting up the brewery scene, if you need some recommendations I gots em.  Going back for this game too just booked the flight. 

http://thehopreview.com/blog/chicago-brewery-list

Brewery map of Chicago.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930

47 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/place/city/6/

This is also a helpful guide, generally the top of the list is the higher rated breweries.  But i'm gonna pokemon this ****, and collect as many as possible. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Is anyone interested in planning a tailgate? I am bringing a USF tent. Haven't heard if there's an 'official' event, but just as in years past, I would be more interested in flip cup and actual tailgating. Post here or PM me. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  45

Official tailgate:

www.usf.edu/ua/tailgate

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Ah, thanks for the link! Does kinda look like another iteration of the typical event model which university officials put on for away games. With all due respect to them, a very large proportion of the young alumni and their preferences are ignored/overlooked by these cookie-cutter pregame events, which is why several of us from the board (along with Craig from Bulls Outfitter) have banded together over the years to put on fan-sponsored bowl game and away game tailgates. 

That event is inside (how do you call it a tailgate?). It is a tad costly for bootstrapping young alumni already scaping together to make a trip. They tend to be aimed at older alumni and feature no classic tailgate games. Again, all due respect, but the event is not aimed at the 20s-to-early-40s fans who make up an important next generation needed to keep growing the USF fanbase and active alumni base.

I am interested to know if anyone going to this game would join for a beerpong/flip cup/cornhole style tailgate which would be outside, feature cans of beer, and actually involve the tailgate of a truck (if I can find a non-astronomically priced rental). I am bringing a tent, a speaker, and beer on ice but could use some pong opponents :D

Go Bulls!

Edited by FazaUSF

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2

On 7/25/2018 at 4:00 PM, FazaUSF said:

I am interested to know if anyone going to this game would join for a beerpong/flip cup/cornhole style tailgate which would be outside, feature cans of beer, and actually involve the tailgate of a truck (if I can find a non-astronomically priced rental).

I'd be down for some flip cup! We're staying a coupe blocks away, in a place with a real fridge and kitchen, so presumably we could bring something cold or cooked.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827

On 7/25/2018 at 7:00 PM, FazaUSF said:

Ah, thanks for the link! Does kinda look like another iteration of the typical event model which university officials put on for away games. With all due respect to them, a very large proportion of the young alumni and their preferences are ignored/overlooked by these cookie-cutter pregame events, which is why several of us from the board (along with Craig from Bulls Outfitter) have banded together over the years to put on fan-sponsored bowl game and away game tailgates. 

That event is inside (how do you call it a tailgate?). It is a tad costly for bootstrapping young alumni already scaping together to make a trip. They tend to be aimed at older alumni and feature no classic tailgate games. Again, all due respect, but the event is not aimed at the 20s-to-early-40s fans who make up an important next generation needed to keep growing the USF fanbase and active alumni base.

I am interested to know if anyone going to this game would join for a beerpong/flip cup/cornhole style tailgate which would be outside, feature cans of beer, and actually involve the tailgate of a truck (if I can find a non-astronomically priced rental). I am bringing a tent, a speaker, and beer on ice but could use some pong opponents :D

Go Bulls!

We'll be there to join you at the outside tailgate. Beer pong here we come.