• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Illinois game 2018

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,338
  • Days Won:  5

On 2/13/2018 at 8:57 AM, BDYZR said:

Booked the Palmer House - 17 East Monroe Street, Chicago, IL 60603

Watching flights.

Good call on hotel. Booked this am. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,451
  • Days Won:  25

On 2/13/2018 at 8:57 AM, BDYZR said:

Booked the Palmer House - 17 East Monroe Street, Chicago, IL 60603

Watching flights.

On 2/13/2018 at 1:49 PM, Ricky the Bull said:

I've stayed there a few times.  Thinking of booking that one, too.   Just a block off Millennium Park and Michigan Avenue.

On 2/18/2018 at 1:39 PM, jchem1995 said:

BOOKED!  -  Flying Southwest in at 1pm on Friday and out at 11:30 on Sunday.

Quick trip because two weeks later we're spending a week running around Massachusetts on the way to Amherst for the UMass game.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

On 2/18/2018 at 1:39 PM, jchem1995 said:

Thoughts on this hotel? Looking to book soon. 

• Topic Count:  1,029
  • Content Count:  7,488
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, theman123 said:

Thoughts on this hotel? Looking to book soon. 

Like I said, I've stayed there on two occasions.  An old-time, grand hotel.  Lots of pictures of stars in the hallway who played the Empire Room there.   Fabulous atrium that has been restored (you can check the pictures online).

It's also near shopping on State St. and the Magnificent Mile, and is on Monroe, with the Majestic Theater just a block or so away.  We saw "Book of Mormon" there last time we stayed there.  It might be worth a look to see if there may be a show you'd be interested in.

I walked most everywhere from there, from the Chicago Art Institute to restaurants on Michigan.  The Art Institute has some of the most amazing originals that I had only seen in art books: Nighthawks, American Gothic, Van Gough's self portrait.... amazing works.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

On 2/25/2018 at 11:30 PM, Ricky the Bull said:

Like I said, I've stayed there on two occasions.  An old-time, grand hotel.  Lots of pictures of stars in the hallway who played the Empire Room there.   Fabulous atrium that has been restored (you can check the pictures online).

It's also near shopping on State St. and the Magnificent Mile, and is on Monroe, with the Majestic Theater just a block or so away.  We saw "Book of Mormon" there last time we stayed there.  It might be worth a look to see if there may be a show you'd be interested in.

I walked most everywhere from there, from the Chicago Art Institute to restaurants on Michigan.  The Art Institute has some of the most amazing originals that I had only seen in art books: Nighthawks, American Gothic, Van Gough's self portrait.... amazing works.

My mind was also blown when i just looked up exactly where Soldier Field was, walking distance from this place. Heeeellllll yeah.

• 3 weeks later...

The Palmer House rates have dropped a bit, with a king room now going for $179/night.  I picked up this one and canceled my previous reservation.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,608
  • Content Count:  74,428
  • Days Won:  422

8 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

The Palmer House rates have dropped a bit, with a king room now going for $179/night.  I picked up this one and canceled my previous reservation.

Where in the heck are you seeing that price? Lowest I've got with Honors Discount is $387. Looking at the 12th though the 16th but don't if that would affect price per night that much.

Edit: Nevermind. I changed dates from 14th thru 16th and it goes to $179. Wow. Sticking it to the business traveler.

Edited by Triple B

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Where in the heck are you seeing that price? Lowest I've got with Honors Discount is $387. Looking at the 12th though the 16th but don't if that would affect price per night that much.

I selected the AAA rate, which I failed to mention.  Click on the Special Rate Code option and check the AAA box.  If that gets you the cheaper rate, it would pay to get the $35 membership (whatever it is) to get that savings.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,608
  • Content Count:  74,428
  • Days Won:  422

7 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

I selected the AAA rate, which I failed to mention.  Click on the Special Rate Code option and check the AAA box.  If that gets you the cheaper rate, it would pay to get the $35 membership (whatever it is) to get that savings.

I've got AAA but it's the dates affecting the room nightly average.

33 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I've got AAA but it's the dates affecting the room nightly average.

Maybe it's the dates.  I tried just now using 9/14-9/16 and am getting a $179/night rate.