• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This deserves its own thread ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,474
  • Days Won:  422

.... thanks to Ricky the Bull for sharing it.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

On 1/5/2018 at 12:08 AM, Triple B said:

.... thanks to Ricky the Bull for sharing it.

All this is doing is creating conversation, while some are making fun, some seem to be supporting ucf's claim, and everyone is talking about the cfp system.  Unless it has to do with NCAA allegations, people talking about ucf sucks for us.  The amount of national attention this is getting is absurd.  

13 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

The amount of national attention this is getting is absurd.  

These guys got a lot of national attention ..................... and a parade, too!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

I've not heard anyone talk favorably about it, maybe because I'm not in Florida.  It's mostly a joke.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

That was hilarious.....they’re undefeated and beat a 3-9 uconn

3 hours ago, Brad said:

I've not heard anyone talk favorably about it, maybe because I'm not in Florida.  It's mostly a joke.

I thought of it as kind of joke, too ....... until they made the move to pay the departing coaches "national championship" bonuses and I realized that it was more money than they paid the Plancher family ..................... disgusting.

Edited by Triple B
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/columnist/george-schroeder/2018/01/02/college-football-playoff-more-diversity-true-national-representation/997835001/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2018/01/07/underneath-glitz-playoff-warning-money-coaches-not-players-me-too/1011059001/

Per Wolken: But the UCF situation, combined with a title game non-SEC fans don’t want to see, might be the start of a tipping point. Customers may be tired of arguing and would rather the Playoff be an actual playoff. We’ll see. 

More: Surprisingly, UCF gained traction by declaring itself national champions and won some attention and fans; arguably, the Knights were a bigger topic on talk radio and debate shows than Alabama and Georgia for much of the week.

Danny White to some extent has shined a bright light  on the nonsense of having a non division winner, non conference champ in the final game.

The downtown celebration will shine more light on the foolishness. Then, the G5 teams need to continue to win, to push the elite to open the process. It wont happen without people pushing, and G5 teams winning, and winning big games against the "elite" programs.

Just one guys opinion. 

Edited by footnfan1

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/columnist/george-schroeder/2018/01/02/college-football-playoff-more-diversity-true-national-representation/997835001/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2018/01/07/underneath-glitz-playoff-warning-money-coaches-not-players-me-too/1011059001/

Per Wolken: But the UCF situation, combined with a title game non-SEC fans don’t want to see, might be the start of a tipping point. Customers may be tired of arguing and would rather the Playoff be an actual playoff. We’ll see. 

More: Surprisingly, UCF gained traction by declaring itself national champions and won some attention and fans; arguably, the Knights were a bigger topic on talk radio and debate shows than Alabama and Georgia for much of the week.

Danny White to some extent has shined a bright light  on the nonsense of having a non division winner, non conference champ in the final game.

The downtown celebration will shine more light on the foolishness. Then, the G5 teams need to continue to win, to push the elite to open the process. It wont happen without people pushing, and G5 teams winning, and winning big games against the "elite" programs.

Just one guys opinion. 

It wont happen period. Its a club and the simple answer will be to take the ball and go home.

We should have plenty of chances to win a national championship once the G5 schools get segregated to a lower level.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

By the way I live in Charlotte which is ACC land. There is no positive talk about it up here despite the fact this is the middle of SEC hater country. Most of the talk shows thought UCF should have been in the playoffs, but are dismissing the trans national championship claim.