• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Stop it - WAKE UP

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Preach on brother!  If I could give you more than one up vote, I would.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Still can't believe we pissed away our BCS advantage. Talk about poor leadership/coaching. The fact we could not win the BE conference at least once is now tragic (funny we never even got that close as by the last game we were always always out of it).

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  279
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

For all of those happy for ucf need to wake up.  Ucf is a disease for us.  There is NO good reason to root for them in any capacity, EVER.  

The reasons I have heard to root for them are short cited at best:

1.  It improves the conference perception - No, not in any meaningful way.  It only separates ucf from usf in perception.  Not ESPN, Fox, or any other network is going to pay the AAC big dollars because the AAC beats a top 10 team in a bowl game most years.  Plus, why do we care so much about conference perception when EVERY team in the conference is actively hoping to get out?  

Granted, we are in a completely different position than the SEC, but the point still remains. The only reason we bring up conference is our plight for becoming P5/P6. Are we really that bothered that Memphis lost its bowl game? And there's plenty of people here who can't bring themselves to root for UCF, regardless of AAC perception. 

I want to destroy everyone and have our rivals be destroyed. Week in and week out. Thought this was an interesting take.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/conference-pride-is-a-myth-in-the-cfp-landscape-despite-getting-all-sec-title-game/

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On 1/1/2018 at 6:29 PM, Bull Daly said:

USF needs that OCS to grow fan base. 

This fan base hasn't earned an OCS, we just need to grow this fan base period. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/3/2018 at 10:02 AM, ArmyBull said:

For all of those happy for ucf need to wake up.  Ucf is a disease for us.  There is NO good reason to root for them in any capacity, EVER.  

1.  It improves the conference perception - No, not in any meaningful way.  It only separates ucf from usf in perception.  Not ESPN, Fox, or any other network is going to pay the AAC big dollars because the AAC beats a top 10 team in a bowl game most years.  Plus, why do we care so much about conference perception when EVERY team in the conference is actively hoping to get out?  

2.  Them being good helps us when we beat them in the regular season - No, it does not.  No G5 team will ever make the top 4; thus, us beating a top 10 ucf team vs beating a winless ucf team is the same.  So, root for winless ucf seasons every year.

3.  If expansion happens, we are a package deal - This is a ridiculous mental gamble.  There is absolutely no guarantee that IF expansion occurs that USF and ucf will go together.  The BE is gone and we have been in the AAC together for five years now.  In those five years, ucf has won three conference championships and two BCS/NY6 bowl games against top 10 teams.  That is a ridiculous record and I hate that so many fans hitch our wagons to them.  I don't pretend to know all of the ins and outs of expansion, but looking at results alone, they appear to be a more attractive product and cover the same Florida area that we do.    

The time is now, if we can not step it up the next few years, they will pass us in every measurable that matters.    

In short, stop all the ucf love, it only hurts us, wake up!

I don't feel that way about USF.  The UCF USF game this year helped the conference and both programs.  If we can make that an annual big game where both teams come in with one loss or no losses, it would be better for an expansion deal than just one of us being consistently good. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/3/2018 at 11:02 AM, ArmyBull said:

2.  Them being good helps us when we beat them in the regular season - No, it does not.  No G5 team will ever make the top 4; thus, us beating a top 10 ucf team vs beating a winless ucf team is the same.  So, root for winless ucf seasons every year.

3.  If expansion happens, we are a package deal - This is a ridiculous mental gamble.  There is absolutely no guarantee that IF expansion occurs that USF and ucf will go together.  The BE is gone and we have been in the AAC together for five years now.  In those five years, ucf has won three conference championships and two BCS/NY6 bowl games against top 10 teams.  That is a ridiculous record and I hate that so many fans hitch our wagons to them.  I don't pretend to know all of the ins and outs of expansion, but looking at results alone, they appear to be a more attractive product and cover the same Florida area that we do.    

The time is now, if we can not step it up the next few years, they will pass us in every measurable that matters.    

In short, stop all the ucf love, it only hurts us, wake up!

Thank you....perfectly written.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

26 minutes ago, UCFKnight04 said:

Which measurables are those?

The only measurable that counts right now is conference affiliation, and I think we're good there for a little while ...... unless the SEC has called an emergency meeting to discuss grabbing the Kanigits before some other, less worthy, conference snatches them up. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

The BE is gone and we have been in the AAC together for five years now.  In those five years, ucf has won three conference championships and two BCS/NY6 bowl games against top 10 teams. 

This should be planted on the desks of EVERYONE in athletics. This along with out pathetic, although seemingly improving, basketball program.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

3 hours ago, BDYZR said:

This should be planted on the desks of EVERYONE in athletics. This along with out pathetic, although seemingly improving, basketball program.

It is a travesty.  We have enjoyed more resources than them for a long time and for some reason our administration has failed to capitalize.  It’s just frustrating and embarrassing.