• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

This is really embarrassing

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Honestly, the whole thing is kind of funny cute, until you start talking about raising a national championship banner .... lame. If they had any balls they'd have one of these made, only bigger:

image.png.5d68c33d0e9fc20898fa13b262c27eba.png

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,742
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, MMW said:

UCF is undefeated and beat A 

We have to remove our UCF hate glasses for a moment and get some satisfaction where we can get it.  If it were us we would be doing the same thing.  Remember the Big 4 billboard?

Far to much hate in my heart to ever remove those glasses 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Far to much hate in my heart to ever remove those glasses 

Up ding for honesty. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

Agreed...my UCF hate glasses are permanently glued to my face after this amateurish stunt. God forbid we would have pulled this same nonsense if we were in their shoes. UCF won all their games....big flipping deal. Until someone can make a valid argument as to which of the 4 teams should not have made it...it is all garbage

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

11 minutes ago, UCFKnight04 said:

Look at it this way, friends, whatever you think of it, we're making as loud of a fuss as possible and going all in on it.   If it's possible to change the CFP system for G5 programs, this is our best attempt.   If you can see through the hate-glasses, Danny White is doing a a pretty eloquent job of making a case that our AAC commissioner and our local media have been unable or unwilling to do. 

So we'll either make the future brighter for USF or we'll fall on our face.  Either way, this is good for you.

I agree. Local here media is eating this up; parade at Disney and City sponsored block party downtown actively being promoted on ESPN 580. Im glad someone is doing this, and at the same time, I'm also glad it's not USF doing this.

What I don't get is those of you that don't see this for what it is.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

48 minutes ago, UCFKnight04 said:

Look at it this way, friends, whatever you think of it, we're making as loud of a fuss as possible and going all in on it.   If it's possible to change the CFP system for G5 programs, this is our best attempt.   If you can see through the hate-glasses, Danny White is doing a a pretty eloquent job of making a case that our AAC commissioner and our local media have been unable or unwilling to do. 

So we'll either make the future brighter for USF or we'll fall on our face.  Either way, this is good for you.

If we were in your position I would hope Mark Harlan would be doing the same as Danny White quite honestly. What UCF did this year is going to change public perception of our conference a lot more than people care to think. If the AAC can come back next year and get another NY6 bowl win then I think its a game changer.

I look at this not as UCF actually believing they are national champions but more so as a defiant protest of having no chance to prove itself under the current system. Sometimes what you do on the field isn't enough. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  120

The "Big Four" billboard was regrettable and undeserved. I felt ashamed that they did it and happy when they finally came down. Whoever made that decision screwed up-- it was flat out bragging that was backed by a single win over FSU (and sure-- some other successes).

Anyway -- whatever UCF wants to do is fine by me--they want to raise some bogus banner about winning a national title? Sure-- why not- you live close enough to Fantasy Land.

I don't deny UCF had a great team this season. If USF had won all its games including beating Auburn in The Peach-- I would not think we are National Champions. Our schedule was far too weak to be a real test that these other playoff schools faced. And this is not entirely USF or UCFs fault-- the big teams of the P5 are squeezing our teams out by not being willing to schedule our teams. We use to be pay day games. Now we are trap games.

The shame of the system is that they need to expand that playoff so that more teams get a shot to prove it. Not holding my breath on that-- and sure, maybe the noise UCF is making will help that cause somehow.

The thing that sticks out here to me is how ESPN gets their panties in a bunch over this. How dare any non-P5 school dare to buck their....errr... the system? ESPN has steadfastly stood by their assertion that only P5 schools deserve a shot at the title.

Edited by MikeG

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,940
  • Days Won:  38

I'm for any trashing of the system.