• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  13
  • Days Won:  0

It's bizarre this has to be pointed out, but yes, there is such a thing as bad publicity when you are a r@pist.  We are talking about the UCF AD pointing out a flawed system that  benefits a select group and harms a large number of student athletes.  Equating that to a couple of rapists is weird to say the least.

Edited by A UCF Fan

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

12 minutes ago, A UCF Fan said:

It's bizarre this has to be pointed out, but yes, there is such a thing as bad publicity when you are a r@pist.  We are talking about the UCF AD pointing out a flawed system that  benefits a select group and harms a large number of student athletes.  Equating that to a couple of rapists is weird to say the least.

Weird would be if someone built a statue of the CFP committee. You don’t build statues to honor a system or people who hurt student athletes. Am I right?

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

24 minutes ago, A UCF Fan said:

It's bizarre this has to be pointed out, but yes, there is such a thing as bad publicity

Thank you for agreeing with us that the observation that there is no such thing as bad publicity is erroneous ...

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  476

We’re the only undefeated team why is this concept so difficult for folks to accept?*

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 minutes ago, UCFChad said:

We’re the only undefeated team why is this concept so difficult for folks to accept?*

Name one person on this board who disputes you guys going undefeated.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

29 minutes ago, UCFChad said:

Listen Chad, what you guys did was great, and I think you should have been in the playoff because it should be at least 8 teams and the highest ranked G5 team (that's you btw), should be included.  But claiming a national title doesn't make it so.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, A UCF Fan said:

After mulling this over, I agree that may have been a bad choice as an example. Let's try this one. As a charter Bucs season ticket holder, I can attest that they were getting all the publicity they wanted for going 0fer for almost 2 complete seasons ... the "Yuccaneers", the butt of endless Johnny Carson monologues, etc.... in other words, publicity for being a big joke ..... like this whole national champions thing.

Edited by Triple B

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

And Penn State about college football world spending a lot of time talking about .... There is such thing as bad publicity.

Fair enough.  Perhaps when you compare it to sexual harrassement and child predators there is a such a thing as bad publicity.  With that being said, the publicity the tinmen are getting for this stunt, good or bad, is doing nothing but helping their program.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  13

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

After mulling this over, I agree that may have been a bad choice as an example. Let's try this one. As a charter Bucs season ticket holder, I can attest that they were getting all the publicity they wanted for going 0fer for almost 2 complete seasons ... the "Yuccaneers", the butt of endless Johnny Carson monologues, etc.... in other words, publicity for being a big joke ..... like this whole national champions thing.

You are entitled to your opinion that UCF lays no claim to a National Title, regardless we are undefeated.

UCF is entitled to their opinion they are entitled to the Nation Champion for all the reasons that have been stated.

Lastly, the CFP is entitled to their opinion of who should be the National Championship based on their madeup select criteria.

As far as I am concerned, that is the problem with the system.  It is based solely on opinion.  The CFP is an Invitational and not a Playoff.  Until you get a REAL playoff, this will be a continued problem.  It only took 4 years to get into this situation.

The solution seems simple to me.  Expand the playoff to only include conference champions.  The reason this wont happen is because the P5 would be forced to share the revenue from these bowls with other conferences.  Their greed is unfairly harming a large swath of student athletes.

Edited by A UCF Fan

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

4 minutes ago, A UCF Fan said:

UCF is entitled to their opinion they are entitled to the Nation Champion for all the reasons that have been stated.

No, they aren't.  There is no opinion here.  UCF has had a remarkable season, but they are not National Champions, no matter how much they want to say they are.  With that said, I do like the conversation it's bringing out and hope it leads to some substantial changes.