• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

Burning bridges with all of this Trans National Championship talk?

The old money is already a crotchety bunch and I have to image the current power holders are not exactly loving this UCFake championship the uppity school in Oveido is promoting. It was already going to be tough for them to get meaningful games with the G5 divide, plus putting together a good product on the field. I wonder if a few AD's (or even conference commishes) put the kiabash on any future scheduling of the Golden Knights?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

The bridges are already burned. The power conferences want a split from the G5 and all of the money. UCF just pointing out their hypocrisy in claiming that everyone has a shot and then a team goes 13-0 and doesn't even crack the top 10 in the committees eyes, but beats the team they were touting as the best team in the best conference division (SEC West) just a few short weeks ago. It may reek of desperation, but these are desperate times for the AAC to try to get some inclusion in the playoff system (maybe expansion to 8 with a G5 auto bid) before the gap widens even further.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

With all the talk of UCF being left out due to their schedule, I'd like to see their AD (or ours) "put their money where the mouth is," so to speak, and call out all the P5 programs that have turned down efforts at scheduling a game. I'd love to hear Harlan say the reason we ended up with our schedule after our bigger games were nixed was because school x, y, and z told us no. There are only a few reasons an AD wouldn't want to go that route, a) because it might burn some bridges in future scheduling (certainly possible) calling out programs and showing that non-P5 teams are held to a scheduling standard they can't actually fix since "better" games are impossible to actually get, b) because we tried to make them 1-1 deals and they agreed to host, but not a return (great for SOS, but not for $), and c) we took lesser teams just to pad our home slate and record. I personally loved when Fresno came out and said they'd play anyone, anywhere, and very few teams took them up on the offer.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

23 minutes ago, JTrue said:

With all the talk of UCF being left out due to their schedule, I'd like to see their AD (or ours) "put their money where the mouth is," so to speak, and call out all the P5 programs that have turned down efforts at scheduling a game. I'd love to hear Harlan say the reason we ended up with our schedule after our bigger games were nixed was because school x, y, and z told us no. There are only a few reasons an AD wouldn't want to go that route, a) because it might burn some bridges in future scheduling (certainly possible) calling out programs and showing that non-P5 teams are held to a scheduling standard they can't actually fix since "better" games are impossible to actually get, b) because we tried to make them 1-1 deals and they agreed to host, but not a return (great for SOS, but not for $), and c) we took lesser teams just to pad our home slate and record. I personally loved when Fresno came out and said they'd play anyone, anywhere, and very few teams took them up on the offer.

I could not agree more. Time to scorch the earth, especially to call out the programs that have open dates, and you feel strongly that they will never schedule you.

Danny is on outside the lines today. I expect he will eloquently, call out the P5

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

The other option is to just shut up and wither away. This is getting a lot of publicity from national writers that have always thought this system is stupid

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I posted this in another thread.  The tinmen are directing the narrative and even if they're getting skewered by some there's no such thing as bad publicity.  No matter what side of the fence you fall on, the college football world is spending a lot of time talking about UCF.

50 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I posted this in another thread.  The tinmen are directing the narrative and even if they're getting skewered by some there's no such thing as bad publicity.  No matter what side of the fence you fall on, the college football world is spending a lot of time talking about UCF.

Tell Harvey Weinstein the publicity line.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

57 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

7 minutes ago, Capital H said:

Tell Harvey Weinstein the publicity line.

And Penn State about college football world spending a lot of time talking about .... There is such thing as bad publicity.

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And Penn State about college football world spending a lot of time talking about .... There is such thing as bad publicity.

Absolutely. And its part of why I brought it up. It may seem like fun, or even a "sticking it to the man", but how many people are going to remember this in a negative light, and more importantly how many people that influence decision?