• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Well now that all of the fun topics have...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, ArmyBull said:

I'm talking excursively about USF recruiting.  I don't agree, but understand MODS getting upset and burring ucf related stuff. 

Yeah I had that argument a few years ago this board and lost...like now. The recruiting board has little discussion and all that is there is just a long list. It seemed this lossend up a little during the national signing days though. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm talking excursively about USF recruiting.  I don't agree, but understand MODS getting upset and burring ucf related stuff. 

The thing is, it's the whole inch = mile thing, and topics relevant to this board can get pushed to the 2nd page.  In any event, we're pretty lenient here.  The UCF, "national championship" got moved because there was already a discussion about that on the other board.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Apis Bull said:

The thing is, it's the whole inch = mile thing, and topics relevant to this board can get pushed to the 2nd page.  In any event, we're pretty lenient here.  The UCF, "national championship" got moved because there was already a discussion about that on the other board.

Fair enough 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, Apis Bull said:

If more people went to the boards that have the topics that they are interested in, then there would be more interaction on those boards.

I agree, but you can't force that to happen, which is why no one goes there and we have a lack of recruiting info during peak season.  I have been active in the community for the last three seasons and the recruiting section is always dead.  So mods and admins will choose to change with the community or change the community.  Changing the community does not seem to be working.  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I agree, but you can't force that to happen,

Watch us!

image.png.f9a2f3fa16bc8fc537db3ec4bd5538e0.png

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

5 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

I agree, but you can't force that to happen, which is why no one goes there and we have a lack of recruiting info during peak season.  I have been active in the community for the last three seasons and the recruiting section is always dead.  So mods and admins will choose to change with the community or change the community.  Changing the community does not seem to be working.  

The content here is 100% community driven.  Maybe if you want more recruiting discussion you could, you know, go over there and spur discussion and bring info to the table?  Just a thought.....

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

47 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Should I have Brad create an American Conference Recruiting Board?

By county please.  We can't have any Orange county recruiting talk cluttering up the Hillsborough County American Conference Recruiting forum.  

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

19 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

17 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah I had that argument a few years ago this board and lost...like now. The recruiting board has little discussion and all that is there is just a long list. It seemed this lossend up a little during the national signing days though. 

If you have recruiting stuff on this board, it's only going to get lost in the shuffle. I'm not sure I understand why you both wouldn't embrace, and utilize, the focused board if you're that into recruiting. We have a few who do try to keep things up over there but there's plenty of room for more. Like Dozer said, community driven and some things work better separated.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

2 minutes ago, Bulls Are We said:

By county please.  We can't have any Orange county recruiting talk cluttering up the Hillsborough County American Conference Recruiting forum.  

Thank you for the suggestion. It will be taken under advisement.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

15 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah I had that argumesnt a few years ago this board and lost...like now. The recruiting board has little discussion and all that is there is just a long list. It seemed this lossend up a little during the national signing days though. 

The rule here has been that once a player is signed he becomes a topic for discussion on this board, if someone wants to post about him here which could have a bearing on next year's team. 

Sometimes, it just makes sense to still post new info on him in his recruiting thread, because it provides more context, such as him playing in some post season HS all-star game.

It's easier to search a recruits name on that board to find his main thread.

IMO, it's good to have a recruiting board separate from the main board.

Keep in mind that this is not a paid recruiting site and people just glean info from open sources.

Those who want more info on recruiting can always go to one of the pay sites. We try not to use premium info or links to premium articles.