• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Well now that all of the fun topics have...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  356
  • Days Won:  0

An intellectual (sorta) debate on TBP!  I love seeing our fine USF education put to work!  

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Instead of paying $200 million for a 40,000 seat OCS and still being stuck in the AAC, I have an idea:

We should first change our mascot to the original one selected - *The Buccaneer which was selected in 1962.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers only came into existence in 1974 and didn't start playing until 1976.

Next, we should change our school colors to Red and Black to match RayJay.

Then, we should take whatever millions it takes to bribe the Big 12 [or some other P5 conference] to become a member.

That will get our average attendance up to 50,000+ and we can rightfully call RayJay our own.

[The fact that an NFL team with a similar name and colors happens to play there as well should be of no concern, since they will draw less in actual attendance as reported by Greg Auman.]

*"...In the election, five finalists were selected: the Buccaneer, the Golden Brahman, the Olympian, the Cougar, and the Golden Eagle.

The Buccaneer, which received the most votes, was originally not adopted because it was believed that a junior college in Pensacola had the same mascot. The Golden Brahman, which had lost to the Buccaneer by only three votes, was chosen instead.

After it was learned that the junior college mascot was in fact the Pirate and not the Buccaneer, a 12-member judiciary committee decided that the Buccaneer would serve as the USF mascot.

With the decision came controversy. Many students were unhappy about the lackadaisical way in which the contest was run, while others thought that both choices were unfit to be the official mascot.

A petition was formulated and collected more signatures than the actual number of votes in the original election. A run-off election was granted between the Buccaneer and the Golden Brahman. The Golden Brahman was victorious and was officially unveiled Nov. 17, 1962..."

http://www.gousfbulls.com/news/2009/3/19/3696252.aspx

PS: In about 10 years of being in a P5 conference, we will have enough money to build a 50,000+ OCS and vote on another mascot and school colors, if we so choose.

Problem solved. :backtotopic: 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Instead of paying $200 million for a 40,000 seat OCS and still being stuck in the AAC, I have an idea:

We should first change our mascot to the original one selected - *The Buccaneer which was selected in 1962.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers only came into existence in 1974 and didn't start playing until 1976.

Next, we should change our school colors to Red and Black to match RayJay.

Then, we should take whatever millions it takes to bribe the Big 12 [or some other P5 conference] to become a member.

That will get our average attendance up to 50,000+ and we can rightfully call RayJay our own.

[The fact that an NFL team with a similar name and colors happens to play there as well should be of no concern, since they will draw less in actual attendance as reported by Greg Auman.]

*"...In the election, five finalists were selected: the Buccaneer, the Golden Brahman, the Olympian, the Cougar, and the Golden Eagle.

The Buccaneer, which received the most votes, was originally not adopted because it was believed that a junior college in Pensacola had the same mascot. The Golden Brahman, which had lost to the Buccaneer by only three votes, was chosen instead.

After it was learned that the junior college mascot was in fact the Pirate and not the Buccaneer, a 12-member judiciary committee decided that the Buccaneer would serve as the USF mascot.

With the decision came controversy. Many students were unhappy about the lackadaisical way in which the contest was run, while others thought that both choices were unfit to be the official mascot.

A petition was formulated and collected more signatures than the actual number of votes in the original election. A run-off election was granted between the Buccaneer and the Golden Brahman. The Golden Brahman was victorious and was officially unveiled Nov. 17, 1962..."

http://www.gousfbulls.com/news/2009/3/19/3696252.aspx

PS: In about 10 years of being in a P5 conference, we will have enough money to build a 50,000+ OCS and vote on another mascot and school colors, if we so choose.

Problem solved. :backtotopic: 

Hot **** you are a genus Mama! The only problem for me is that I would have to trash over $2000 in clothing, chairs, mats, flags, etc. with the Bulls horn logo. :lmao:

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Hot **** you are a genus Mama! The only problem for me is that I would have to trash over $2000 in clothing, chairs, mats, flags, etc. with the Bulls horn logo. :lmao:

No worry. Just put them in storage. I have a feeling that they will one day be used again. :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Haha 1

How about this one?

Would USF prefer to obtain membership in the AAU or obtain membership in a P5 conference?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

How about this one?

Would USF prefer to obtain membership in the AAU or obtain membership in a P5 conference?

I think USF as a whole would want AAU status first and foremost (no question this is what Judy would want). I would concur if the P5 conference is the B12 as it is likely to implode anyway. But if it was between the ACC/Big10 and AAU status...I personally would take the P5 move up. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

33 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

How about this one?

Easiest question ever

AAU

Absolutely no doubt on this one.

28 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think USF as a whole would want AAU status first and foremost (no question this is what Judy would want). I would concur if the P5 conference is the B12 as it is likely to implode anyway. But if it was between the ACC/Big10 and AAU status...I personally would take the P5 move up. 

BIG10 wouldn't be an either/or. They only take AAU members. So your point is moot.

ACC v. AAU?

Not even close

AAU

All day and seven times on Sunday

4 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Easiest question ever

AAU

I doubt whether Harlan would find it so easy to say AAU. LOL 

2 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:
9 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Easiest question ever

AAU

I doubt whether Harlan would find it so easy to say AAU. LOL 

To be fair, your question did state, "which would USF prefer?"

Had you asked, "which would USF Athletics prefer?" well, that would have been a tough one.