• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ucf National Champs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  395
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think I'll change much perception about UCF in here (Which is fine with me because that's how rivalries work) but only the media blitz and banners are part of the national championship movement/troll. The Disney parade was probably a likely thing even without the self claimed national title. Can I guarantee that? No. But there's precedent because we had a Disney parade after winning the Fiesta Bowl, too. 

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Just another year with a donut.

slide-5-sprinkles-donut.png

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, CostSegAdvisor said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/ucf-ad-danny-white-explains-knights-will-national-championship-parade-hang-banner-183006619.html

To qualify for the playoff, teams need to play tough schedules against good teams — that is the way for all teams to stand out and be ranked high by the committee,” Hancock said. “UCF is an excellent team, but you still have to take into account who each team played and defeated during the regular season.”

White didn’t buy that explanation. He thinks the AAC deserves more respect and said there is “an inherent bias” on the committee “that needs to be called out.”

“Our wins in conference should matter a lot more,” White said. “I don’t think they gave us enough credit for beating a really good Memphis team twice. UCLA found out Memphis is pretty good. I don’t think they gave us enough credit for beating a really good South Florida team. We beat Navy at Navy. Navy had won 17 straight home games — the nation’s longest home winning streak. Those are hard games. If you’re in the Pac-12, you get credit for your in-conference games, but we don’t seem to be getting the same credit. That needs to change.”

In the CFP era, the AAC has lamented the “Power Five” label for the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC and tried to market the “Power Six,” where the AAC is included. White backs that sentiment.

AAC is P6 at the top of its conference. The bottom of the AAC is no where near being as good as the bottom of the P5 minus maybe Kansas. Beating teams like ECU, Cincy, and UConn is not the same as beating P5 bottom dwellers like Indiana, Arkansas, or Vanderbilt on a week in week out basis. Winning a one off game against Maryland or Illinois does not mean that you can do that consistently throughout the season. 

On top of that, competeing with the top teams in conferences like that is a whole different story. Try going into Bryant-Denny, Death Valley at night, or Ohio State's Horseshoe and pulling out a victory. Very different from winning at a neutral site in a consolation game. 

This year's UCF team loses 2-3 games in a P5 and that's being generous. 

National Champs? *****, please.