• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ucf National Champs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I think we are in trouble...

Their marketing did a full-blown full-court press where they are saying they are national champions. The school will be closing down to celebrate and they are going to be hanging a banner. What is worse is that many in the national media are supporting this. No way our crack marketing staff would have been able to pull this off. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

We'd have done just fine with with the parade, but we'd probably have sent an email out to everyone the week after it happened.

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,326
  • Days Won:  43

As long as someone is calling out the unfair playoff system, I’m fine with it. Western Mich should be joining in calling for the 2016 championship. Heck this is college football where it has been broken for years. Why not crown all undefeated teams champs ? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

9 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Western Mich should be joining in calling for the 2016 championship.

WMU lost their bowl game last year ...

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think we are in trouble...

Their marketing did a full-blown full-court press where they are saying they are national champions. The school will be closing down to celebrate and they are going to be hanging a banner. What is worse is that many in the national media are supporting this. No way our crack marketing staff would have been able to pull this off. 

After re-analyzing this, there may have been a premature ejection. The title, without more detail, initiated a reflex reaction. It's more a dig at USF than anything and the Main board is certainly the place for that.

First, I don't think we're in trouble ......... yet. I'd be more concerned if UCF has been showing consistency. In between winning NYD bowls they've gone 0-12 and gotten blown by a team I didn't even know had a football team in a bowl. We may have caught a break with Scottie leaving but time will tell if the new guy will pick up where he left off. If so, we need to keep up our momentum, too.

Second, I would have been embarrassed if our "crack marketing staff" had tried to pull off something as ridiculous as this. Wasn't that thrilled with the billboard but that was more local in nature. They had a great season. Embrace that without this nonsensical ******** .... It's just a much larger version of the Civil CONFLict trophy they gave Uconn crap for ..... lame.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,003
  • Days Won:  38

I kinda love this.  Think about Auburn fans too.  They beat both teams that are in the final.  This whole thing is stupid.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2,323
  • Content Count:  21,266
  • Days Won:  10

image.thumb.png.dd5bbc27ab5b4772ead17a1ba2cba86c.png

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

After re-analyzing this, there may have been a premature ejection. The title, without more detail, initiated a reflex reaction. It's more a dig at USF than anything and the Main board is certainly the place for that.

First, I don't think we're in trouble ......... yet. I'd be more concerned if UCF has been showing consistency. In between winning NYD bowls they've gone 0-12 and gotten blown by a team I didn't even know had a football team in a bowl. We may have caught a break with Scottie leaving but time will tell if the new guy will pick up where he left off. If so, we need to keep up our momentum, too.

Second, I would have been embarrassed if our "crack marketing staff" had tried to pull off something as ridiculous as this. Wasn't that thrilled with the billboard but that was more local in nature. They had a great season. Embrace that without this nonsensical ******** .... It's just a much larger version of the Civil CONFLict trophy they gave Uconn crap for ..... lame.

Thanks for your professionalism Trip and I do see your point about moving it...I have gotten riled up over this faux championship. In terms of our marketing staff, I think they have been too silent at times. For example, the work they did promoting Q did have some good moments but I thought they could have done more (perhaps that is an eye of the beholder thing). At the same time what ucf did was a no brainer. It has stimulated discussion while at the same time created a platform for their program (which “could” impact us). The next few years is big for USF we really need a conference championship. 

17 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

At the same time what ucf did was a no brainer.

Still can't agree with that, and it's honestly not because it's them. Revel in what you did accomplish, 13-0, with a nice win to top it off. National championship parade, banner .... really? Yeah, it's cute and all, but it's also bush league and reeks of small time wannabes.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Still can't agree with that, and it's honestly not because it's them. Revel in what you did accomplish, 13-0, with a nice win to top it off. National championship parade, banner .... really? Yeah, it's cute and all, but it's also bush league and reeks of small time wannabes.

I see your point but I don’t think it harms them as this discussion is now tied to whole “G5 can never get into the playoff” debate. Indeed, the argument for 8 teams getting in is getting more media traction this morning than I have ever seen it. The action of appointing themselves champion is hokey from a pure scientific follow the rules perspective, but CFB is always emotional and subjective as there are too many teams and not everyone can play everyone. Thus, some of the media are picking up on this and supporting it.