• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

UCF is having a National Champions parade

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I don't disagree. No one of any note will want to schedule UCF or USF. There are two primary  types of OOC games IMO. Pay the baby seal to come get crushed, the resume enhancer which Alabama hoped FSU would be. Scheduling UCF or USF has no real upside for any P5 programs. Very few programs are willing to schedule the resmume enhancer, heck, just look at almost every P5 the wek before they play the annual rivalry game. The baby seals get the 750K, and go home in  body bags. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

Mama already posted that. Where do you think this nifty trophy came from ....

image.png.7fd2c0c4424b22859d6dc37afd2f90b0.png

That's a keeper, but my choice of a dog, would not be a collie.

kpower-14day06a146large.jpg?w=620

7 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

That's a keeper, but my choice of a dog, would not be a collie.

kpower-14day06a146large.jpg?w=620

Maybe there's a spotteddogrankings.com site that will finagle the numbers enough to get you another trophy ...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  2

13 hours ago, Triple B said:

Found the perfect trophy for them .... just need to change the plaque.

image.png.73cac4402a406ab2c8c9b875ef716e78.png

On behalf of all UCF fans on the bullpen, I graciously accept this magnificent trophy proclaiming our #1 ranking in the Colley Matrix. I have just the spot for it next to where the Civil ConFLiCT trophy would go.

35 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

I have just the spot for it next to where the Civil ConFLiCT trophy would go.

I can't imagine a more perfect spot for it ... be sure to get a new plaque, though.

• Haha 1

UCF just cant let the billboard thing go! Well, at least some fans can't. LOL

Located in Bammer land.

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/951188237934002176/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fucf.forums.rivals.com%2Fthreads%2Fbillboard-in-alabama.59979%2F

Edited by footnfan1

• Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

CARTEL:
1: a written agreement between belligerent nations (conferences)
2: a combination of independent commercial or industrial enterprises designed to limit competition or fix prices
3: a combination of political groups for common action
OK By pure definition the CFP is a Cartel,there are 130 teams listed as FBS, however at the beginning of the season only 65 are told they have a chance at the Big Dance. Silly, Cute, GOOD, BAD or indifferent. what UCF is doing HAS to be done... cracking the FBS wall, Sure we are the first, so we will get ridiculed the most, WHY ? that's what CARTELS do. they go into protective mode. Each P5  conference gets roughly $85 million(Not to mention stipends and recruiting exemptions non P5 schools are not afforded)  that's more than the non p5 get combined, USF has a real and legitimate chance of being in the same exact situation in the VERY near future. There are only a handful of ELITE non p5 schools, USF is one of them. So in the next 3 to 5 years when you go UNDEFEATED  and have beaten the likes of a (hopefully) ranked UCF, HOUSTON, MEMPHIS ETC,and a legit OOC opponent.Then go on to win your BOWL game (NOT IN THE CFP) The NCAA fan base and the p5 will hear "HERE WE GO AGAIN" and eventually the wall cracks further until the CFP is fair, and opened to ALL football conferences. The ONLY reason ALABAMA was eventually National Champs is because ALABAMA was given an OPPORTUNITY to be NATIONAL CHAMPS to add to their SELF PROCLAIMED titles. All these parades and banners are not for the NCAA, CFP, ESPN or any other entity outside the UCF FANBASE ,(the single most IMPORTANT aspect of any program)  UCF fans are having FUN...celebrating an outstanding achievement, So keep up the bitter banter, but know this, if you believe in your team you know YOU will be in this very same situation in the VERY NEAR FUTURE. And any REAL UCF and FOOTBALL fan will know YOU EARNED IT AND DESERVE IT ! YOU were 1 Game,( 7 points !) from being in this EXACT same situation.

Edited by Ron Lighthall

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm still confused on why people think the P5 will ever feel the need to be "fair" to the non-P5. Since the beginning of college football, there have been the teams that have a chance to be national champions and those that don't. You can change the system, change the name, spice it up however you want, but in what world do you think Notre Dame, Alabama, Texas, UF, etc. will ever believe USF/UCF are their equals?

• Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I'm still confused on why people think the P5 will ever feel the need to be "fair" to the non-P5. Since the beginning of college football, there have been the teams that have a chance to be national champions and those that don't. You can change the system, change the name, spice it up however you want, but in what world do you think Notre Dame, Alabama, Texas, UF, etc. will ever believe USF/UCF are their equals?

It took the FLORIDA GATORS nearly 100 years just to win a CONFERENCE title, They will NEVER see us as their equals...Hell, they don't see teams in their OWN conference as their EQUALS now (Vandy ,Kentucky, Mizzou)...They were the (yawn)team on the SEC schedule back in the day of Alabama,LSU, Georgia, Auburn ..Miss State, Tennessee ETC. They didn't even have a real rivalry (Ga beat UF 25 of the first 30 years). So much so, they created a rivalry with an (UPSTART) in state "Girls school" in Tallahassee, winning 16 of the first 20. So I do believe in the court of public opinion a USF/UCF will get MAD respect eventually. We are a FLORIDA football base, its not like we're in Idaho or  N. Dakota,  The WAR ON I4 is a huge part of that, each of us has to hold our end of the bargain and be ranked year in and year out, So yes I DO root for USF in non UCF games.

In a perfect  P5  world they don't even want to play non P5 schools, their was an internal memo encouraging teams to schedule OOC games with other P5  Schools just to keep the revenue "In the family" so to speak. And that makes UCF's point...P5 will NEVER be "FAIR" so you poke them in the eye PROCLAIMING yourself National Champs.

• Upvote 1