• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stan Heath Accused

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Explosive allegations 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Yeah, so far credibility alone won't hold up these allegations.  Go to court Noriega.  Twitter is the medium for all sorts of unsubstantiated claims.  You should be able to do better.

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

wow. disheartening & infuriating if true.

as long as we as fans have been around (it feels like forever), our programs are still very young & building tradition... we do NOT need former players from our athletic programs leaving the University with horror stories like this.

big name schools will be given the benefit of the doubt by recruits & have the media run interference for them in order to preserve the value of their investment in TV broadcasting rights for their games, but USF doesn't have the luxury of either.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

He's been gone for some time.  Seems this sort of complaint would have surfaced earlier.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

Yeah, so far credibility alone won't hold up these allegations.  Go to court Noriega.  Twitter is the medium for all sorts of unsubstantiated claims.  You should be able to do better.

not everything is about courts. OJ was found "not guilty" but we all know public perception about it is far different... & public perception is critical for athletics programs still working to establish an identity.

while ONE player coming out with a story like this probably won't affect much, if MORE stories start trickling out it can & will hurt a lesser known program like USF regardless of whether they are litigated or not.

& im not convinced court rulings should dictate the standards & expectations we have of our coaches & staff. whether something is LEGAL or not shouldn't be the minimum expectation, our standards should be higher than that. IMO, once a story like this goes to court it's already too late because the negative publicity can hurt the program long before a ruling is issued & regardless of whether the ruling is in the University's favor or not.

we're not Bama, Clemson, FSU or Duke, UNC, Kentucky, etc... USF's name doesn't carry the weight to survive more than a couple stories like this without sustaining damage.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I can guarantee you they went over in hours. That's not even worth making a statement about. Everyone goes over in hours. EVERYONE. I don't think my coach let a week go by where we didn't blow past the 20 hours. Here's what it looks like in a typical offseason week where you are allowed 20 hours of practice time with coaches present. This was my typical baseball day in preseason.

Weight room scheduled around your class schedule and according to workout plan given by coaches and overseen by team captains/seniors in different shifts - 1 hour (volunteer time). 1/2 hour stretching and throwing before practice starts (volunteer time, coaches in the locker room), 4 hours of practice, 1/2 hour running/conditioning after practice according to schedule (volunteer time). Total time spent on baseball, 6 hours. Total time against the NCAA mandated limit, 4 hours.

5 days a week. That's a 20 hour practice week according to NCAA rules. That's also a 30 hour week of athletics. In season, games count for 3 hours, no matter what time you have to get there and what time the game ends. Travel days count for nothing. So coaches use travel days as the required off day every week. So an in season week might have Monday look like the one above. Tuesday a game so that's only 3 hours. Wednesday game, 3 hours. Thursday practice. Friday travel day and day off. Double header Saturday only counts for 3 hours. Game Sunday for 3 hours AND travel home. That's 20 official hours. Get back at it Monday and the 20 hours reset. 

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

He's been gone for some time.  Seems this sort of complaint would have surfaced earlier.

i don't disagree... but he addressed that to a degree in his tweets. sometimes it just takes the proper venue or circumstances for someone to speak out.

im not going to pass judgment on this story alone... i just hope MORE stories like it dont start trickling out. USF doesnt need ANY kind of stories like this as we continue building our identity.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

28 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I can guarantee you they went over in hours. That's not even worth making a statement about. Everyone goes over in hours. EVERYONE. I don't think my coach let a week go by where we didn't blow past the 20 hours. Here's what it looks like in a typical offseason week where you are allowed 20 hours of practice time with coaches present. This was my typical baseball day in preseason.

Weight room scheduled around your class schedule and according to workout plan given by coaches and overseen by team captains/seniors in different shifts - 1 hour (volunteer time). 1/2 hour stretching and throwing before practice starts (volunteer time, coaches in the locker room), 4 hours of practice, 1/2 hour running/conditioning after practice according to schedule (volunteer time). Total time spent on baseball, 6 hours. Total time against the NCAA mandated limit, 4 hours.

5 days a week. That's a 20 hour practice week according to NCAA rules. That's also a 30 hour week of athletics. In season, games count for 3 hours, no matter what time you have to get there and what time the game ends. Travel days count for nothing. So coaches use travel days as the required off day every week. So an in season week might have Monday look like the one above. Tuesday a game so that's only 3 hours. Wednesday game, 3 hours. Thursday practice. Friday travel day and day off. Double header Saturday only counts for 3 hours. Game Sunday for 3 hours AND travel home. That's 20 official hours. Get back at it Monday and the 20 hours reset. 

That's along the lines I would have guessed. First thing I thought about was AC--that kid put in a lot of his own hours practicing shots. He also sat out a lot of games due to injury so I can't see this being a recurring theme with Stan. Something here doesn't pass the smell test.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, raptorcj said:

That's along the lines I would have guessed. First thing I thought about was AC--that kid put in a lot of his own hours practicing shots. He also sat out a lot of games due to injury so I can't see this being a recurring theme with Stan. Something here doesn't pass the smell test.

I won't guess on the rest of it, but the over hours part is flimsy. During the off-off-season, pre-pre-season, you're technically not allowed to do school sponsored activities with a bats and balls. So we had an entire throwing program before the pre-season started on the field with no coaches around. We could condition and workout with coaches, but no baseball activity. Didn't stop guys from hitting wiffle balls with the coaches on the field though. That's the way around that rule.