• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Bulls Will be Ranked Again!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

There was only one behind us who was ranked. The receiving votes winners had 4 to 5 losses so I think we are safe with three spots to 20. Could be 21 or 19 too.

I think you have to take more into account the large disparity in points between us and those ahead and also the teams they played.

19 Mem 475

20  NW 398 W

21 Wash St 342 L to ranked #18 MSU 

22 VT 323 L to ranked #17 OKL St. 

23 USF 115 W over Tech Tech

24 Miss St 103 W over Louisville RVs

25 Boise 59 W over Oregon 

RV NC St 54 W Ariz St

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/1/week/15/year/2017/seasontype/2

It's not easy to pick up so many additional points needed to jump over many teams by beating TT.

Miss St will likely jump over us with their victory over UL

Memphis (with their one point loss to Iowa state) might still be ahead of USF because they are currently 360 points in front.

So, I think USF finishing at #22 or even #23 is more likely.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

32 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

I think you have to take more into account the large disparity in points between us and those ahead and also the teams they played.

19 Mem 475

20  NW 398 W

21 Wash St 342 L to ranked #18 MSU 

22 VT 323 L to ranked #17 OKL St. 

23 USF 115 W over Tech Tech

24 Miss St 103 W over Louisville RVs

25 Boise 59 W over Oregon 

RV NC St 54 W Ariz St

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/1/week/15/year/2017/seasontype/2

It's not easy to pick up so many additional points needed to jump over many teams by beating TT.

Miss St will likely jump over us with their victory over UL

Memphis (with their one point loss to Iowa state) might still be ahead of USF because they are currently 360 points in front.

So, I think USF finishing at #22 or even #23 is more likely.  

I respectfully disagree. Regardless of points, I think USF simply moves due the loses directly in front of them. They did not beat anyone great but a 10-2 record will hold “some” weight in the end. I still think 20 is about right. Of course in the end it is all semantics as the only ones caring about the difference in #23 and #20 are the people on this board. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,940
  • Days Won:  38

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I respectfully disagree. Regardless of points, I think USF simply moves due the loses directly in front of them. They did not beat anyone great but a 10-2 record will hold “some” weight in the end. I still think 20 is about right. Of course in the end it is all semantics as the only ones caring about the difference in #23 and #20 are the people on this board. 

It matters to get into the peach bowl but we lost to UCF, so now just being top 25 will work.

Yes I realize CFP committee is different 

Edited by Rocky Style
Gaaaaaaaaah

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I'm not sure we'll even be ranked. The problem is that so many people don't have us in their top 25 to begin with. Then you factor in the win's from Money5 teams and the backlash coming toward us for UCF's comments and we'll be hard pressed to be ranked. I just feel it in my gut and hope I am truly wrong.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

32 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I'm not sure we'll even be ranked. The problem is that so many people don't have us in their top 25 to begin with. Then you factor in the win's from Money5 teams and the backlash coming toward us for UCF's comments and wate'll be hard pressed to be ranked. I just feel it in my gut and hope I am truly wrong.

I could see us falling to #25 at worst, because we won our bowl game against B 12 TT.

Our two (close) losses came from Houston and UCF.

Since TT beat Houston, that loss is somewhat now diminished.

#10 UCF beat #7 Auburn and they will likely finish in the top 8 which will make our loss to them look even better.

I don't know why you think there will be a backlash to USF because of comments made by UCF regarding the unfairness of the CFP which had them ranked #12.

3 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

I could see us falling to #25 at worst, because we won our bowl game against B 12 TT.

Our two (close) losses came from Houston and UCF.

Since TT beat Houston, that loss is somewhat now diminished.

#10 UCF beat #7 Auburn and they will likely finish in the top 8 which will make our loss to them look even better.

I don't know why you think there will be a backlash to USF because of comments made by UCF regarding the unfairness of the CFP which had them ranked #12.

I would suspect that less than 5% of the voters put that type of analysis into their selection. If USF falls to #25 after being ranked #23 and having won their bowl, there should be an investigation. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

49 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I'm not sure we'll even be ranked. The problem is that so many people don't have us in their top 25 to begin with. Then you factor in the win's from Money5 teams and the backlash coming toward us for UCF's comments and we'll be hard pressed to be ranked. I just feel it in my gut and hope I am truly wrong.

I would love to hear why UCF’s comments are going to make the AP or coaches lower our ranking.

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I would love to hear why UCF’s comments are going to make the AP or coaches lower our ranking.

There is no analysis or mystery. I said I have a feeling and that's just it. UCF and the American is rocking the boat. You can see the twitter comments and the ESPN figure heads making excuses to why the American and UCF don't deserve more credit. I'm just going on the human nature thing. People are more willing to roll their eyes and act indifferent then they are to actually analyze a subject or opposite side of a discussion. 

By the way, check whom all didn't vote USF into the top 25 and you'll understand my ill feelings.

4 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

There is no analysis or mystery. I said I have a feeling and that's just it. UCF and the American is rocking the boat. You can see the twitter comments and the ESPN figure heads making excuses to why the American and UCF don't deserve more credit. I'm just going on the human nature thing. People are more willing to roll their eyes and act indifferent then they are to actually analyze a subject or opposite side of a discussion. 

By the way, check whom all didn't vote USF into the top 25 and you'll understand my ill feelings.

I would also submit that there are quiet a few in the media who support the actions of ucf relative to the increase of the number of playoff teams.

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

I would also submit that there are quiet a few in the media who support the actions of ucf relative to the increase of the number of playoff teams.

I hope I'm wrong. I'd hate to have a 10 win season, be ranked most of the year, win our Bowl game and then end the year not ranked.