• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Will be Ranked Again!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  356
  • Days Won:  0

Neither team looked any good.  Memphis looked lost in the 4th quarter.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/24/2017 at 4:35 AM, The Great 8 said:

There's no more CFP polls and we're already ranked in the polls that give an end of season ranking. We shouldn't be unranked almost no matter what.

I'm really curious what the perception of our team in the pre-season next year will be. Black Friday should be the AAC championship play-in game again. With a year + off-season executing the system (which should fit our incoming QBs better), and UCF losing their lightning in a bottle coach, I suspect we'll have a distinct shot at getting to the CCG next year. Hell, UCF might collapse in their usual "sine wave" fashion after a good season.

Sinewave_horizontalview.jpg

We're losing a lot of players, including the most important one. I don't think we're in the mix next year unless we hit gold again with one of these qbs

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

13 hours ago, DontPushMe said:

We're losing a lot of players, including the most important one. I don't think we're in the mix next year unless we hit gold again with one of these qbs

2019 should be a very good year for USF FB. We will have an experienced QB by then and a boatload of talent on both sides of the ball. Plus,our OOC schedule is great, assuming Wisky doesn't buyout their game. I expect CCS will still be here, since I doubt we will contend for the AAC championship in 2018. But, we probably will be good enough to go bowling.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 hour ago, Mama_Bull said:

I doubt we will contend for the AAC championship in 2018.

I don't.  We'll be in contention most of the season, if not to the very end.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  2

On 12/30/2017 at 4:07 PM, Bull Daly said:

How could they not?? USF should have been the team playing in Liberty Bowl, not Memphis. To me the bowl games are money grabbing fraud scheme. 

I agree on the money grabbing but Memphis to the Liberty Bowl made the most sense. They won the west and finished ranked in the final CFP poll so they're pretty much the #2 AAC and get the best non-NY6 slot our conference can get. The Liberty Bowl also capitalizes on butts in seats by picking the home team.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

9 hours ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

I agree on the money grabbing but Memphis to the Liberty Bowl made the most sense. They won the west and finished ranked in the final CFP poll so they're pretty much the #2 AAC and get the best non-NY6 slot our conference can get. The Liberty Bowl also capitalizes on butts in seats by picking the home team.

This.

How many other bowls sold out this year? Not just the teams' allotments, but the whole bowl, like the Liberty did?

I still say both games would have been better had we played WVU and TT played Utah.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

On 12/30/2017 at 12:18 PM, Gatorbull325 said:

Tennesse won a title a year after Peyton Manning left. Im sure many of their fans felt Manning was their best chance. Think positive my friend. 

Yes, but we’re talking Tennessee too. They have a navy.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

UCF should be in top 4 while USF should be in top 15. Two close losses one to UCF and the other to a fluke play against Houston

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

22 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

UCF should be in top 4 while USF should be in top 15. Two close losses one to UCF and the other to a fluke play against Houston

UCF loses their HC, USF their most productive qb in team history. I doubt both those ratings.