• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Proud of this Class

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Mama_Bull said:

Some here might not realize that we just signed a player, Terrence Horne, who is similar to Lamar in both size and spectacular speed.

It will be interesting to see how CCS utilizes him.

He might actually be faster than Adrian Killins of UCF!

Yeah I just looked for senior year in HS in the 100 meter Killians ran a 10.83 avg and Horne a 10.67.

Killians PR is 10.49 and Hornes PR 10.29.   That is quite a bit faster than Killians.

Just for fun looked up Rodney Adams didn't run much track but his best 100 was a 11.44 and Lindsey Lamar best was 10.35 so Horne might be the fastest player in USF history when he is on the team.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

35 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yeah I just looked for senior year in HS in the 100 meter Killians ran a 10.83 avg and Horne a 10.67.

Killians PR is 10.49 and Hornes PR 10.29.   That is quite a bit faster than Killians.

Just for fun looked up Rodney Adams didn't run much track but his best 100 was a 11.44 and Lindsey Lamar best was 10.35 so Horne might be the fastest player in USF history when he is on the team.

We signed another speedster last year, Chauncy Smart, who was probably faster than Killians, but he quit the FB team mid season and transferred out to run track for Miami this spring.

Don't know if anybody here realizes that Killians has put a big target on his back when he plays against Auburn. He basically said that the SEC is slow and that Auburn can't match up with UCF speedwise. :140_runner:

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, Mama_Bull said:

LINDSEY LAMAR

A former Big East Special Teams Player of the Year for the Bulls, Lindsey Lamar returned to USF in the fall of 2015 as a graduate assistant working with the offense. In January of 2016, he moved to the role of special assistant to the head coach under Charlie Strong. 

A 2012 graduate of USF and four-year letterman for the Bulls, Lamar earned Big East Special Teams Player of the Year honors in 2010 as a kick returner. He set a USF season record with 903 kick return yards that season, including two returns (a 100-yarder at Louisville and a 94-yarder vs. Syracuse) for touchdowns while averaging 26.6 yards per return.

Cute kid!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

We signed another speedster last year, Chauncy Smart, who was probably faster than killians, but he quit the FB team mid season and transferred out to run track for Miami this spring.

Don't know if anybody here realizes that Killians has put a big target on his back when he plays against Auburn. He basically said that the SEC is slow and that Auburn can't match up with UCF speedwise. :140_runner:

Yeah I saw that Killians said that...wasn't smart they aren't playing a Big 10 team. 

3 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yeah I saw that Killians said that...wasn't smart they aren't playing a Big 10 team. 

Here is an article on that for those who missed it.

Auburn hasn't faced UCF speed in the SEC, says UCF's running back

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/12/14/16778486/adrian-killins-ucf-running-back-auburn-sec-speed

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I think Chauncey Smart had olympic type numbers, but not sure if he counts since he only did half a season

45 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think Chauncey Smart had olympic type numbers, but not sure if he counts since he only did half a season

Chauncy was an unusual case, because he sat out playing FB as a senior in HS. He was offered an FSU track scholarship and then decided he would try both sports at USF. After being on our FB team he realized his main goal was to try and get to the Olympics, so he is just going to run track at Miami.

Horne also plans to play FB and run track for USF and one day hopes to make it to the Olympics.

Derrick Hopkins played both sports at USF and was just as fast as Lamar, Killans, Smart and Horne.

I believe that Hopkins and Smart were a little smaller than the others.

Another new signee, Johnny Ford, is supposed to also be very fast, but I don't think he competed in HS track like the other guys mentioned.