• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Signing Day

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

41 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Jesus...troll away dude 

Not sure why you think that is a troll. 

Aren't we still running around our average of 50ish ranked classes like we typically are? Or are we just happy with being at that level?

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

22 hours ago, Triple B said:

If the school has accepted their commitment, why would they be taking a gamble, in most cases, waiting to sign in February?

Because the school could easily move on from that recruit.  It is easy for the recruit to gamble and lose that a spot will still be available.  Now that USF has filled like 18 spots or whatever, they can be really choosy for the last 8-10 spots.  They could say they no longer have a spot for recruit "X".  Decommitting goes both ways.  This IS the new signing day.  If a recruit doesn't sign during THIS period, then they weren't committed.   End of story.  Now maybe their gamble will pay off.  For higher level recruits, it absolutely will.  A spot will always be found for them.  But for any borderline recruits that don't sign, then it's so sad, too bad, when a spot is no longer available because they failed to sign on signing day.

I am betting we see another flurry of signings tomorrow as recruits consider that the signing window is closing and may not get another opportunity.

Edited by BullsFanInTX

45 minutes ago, CPR said:

Taggart was a great recruiter for us. I didn't really hear anything about how coach Strong be be that much better than Taggart. I expected a team ranking from 40-50, just like where we were with Taggart.

Honestly, i think taggart is a better recruiter from what I can tell. However, Charlie is more nationally know as a great recruiter, so I was waiting for the bump.

Back to back 9+ win seasons and a year under his belt I would hope we could land a class in the 30s.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Honestly, i think taggart is a better recruiter from what I can tell. However, Charlie is more nationally know as a great recruiter, so I was waiting for the bump.

Back to back 9+ win seasons and a year under his belt I would hope we could land a class in the 30s.

Taggart is a  better recruiter than Strong.  That said, Charlie is also a good recruiter and will have USF in the 40's nationally (which is a great class for teams in the AAC).

1 minute ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Taggart is a  better recruiter than Strong.  That said, Charlie is also a good recruiter and will have USF in the 40's nationally (which is a great class for teams in the AAC).

Got to think we are better than AAC or we are doomed.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Not sure why you think that is a troll. 

Aren't we still running around our average of 50ish ranked classes like we typically are? Or are we just happy with being at that level?

Have you checked our conference lately...

14 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Got to think we are better than AAC or we are doomed.

It is called reality...we are not a P5 program plan and simple. No school is better than their conference when it comes to recruiting (although a team can be worse). We are having a great recruiting year...try to enjoy it...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

48 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

At least 1 more making it official tomorrow. 

Very important signing of another OL who a lot of schools were after. Now, we don't have to worry about that happening.

He had offers from a number of P5 teams, including Kentucky. Rated high 3 stars at .8485

We've signed almost all of our highest rated commits.

8 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Very important signing of another OL who a lot of schools were after. Now, we don't have to worry about that happening.

He had offers from a number of P5 teams, including Kentucky. Rated high 3 stars at .8485

We've signed almost all of our highest rated commits.

Starting to fill the future OL void. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Starting to fill the future OL void. 

Our last OL verbal is Ethan Watson. He has shutdown his recruitment and is only going to  take an official visit to USF on 1/12. He just wants to sign in Feb and looks  to be a solid USF commit:

3-star OT Ethan Watson Shuts Down His Recruitment
Recruiting is now an afterthought for Ethan Watson, the 98th-ranked offensive tackle on 247Sports.

Corey Bender - Dec 18, 2:04 PM

.."I’m going to USF Jan. 12," Watson said when asked about his official visit plans. "I’ve thought about (visiting other schools), but USF is where I want to go and nowhere else, so that’s all I’m taking."

Watson, a three-star prospect from Pensacola (Fla.) Catholic, says staying put in the Sunshine State to suit up in front of family and friends was a priority in his recruitment.

https://247sports.com/college/south-florida/Article/3-star-USF-OT-Commit-Ethan-Watson-Shuts-Down-His-Recruitment-112430397

Edited by Mama_Bull