• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QF #10 rated RB in 2018 Draft

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

18 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

Wow, you're being a ****. I'm not moving a goal post. I'm saying you've named 6 players over the last 20 years to make the transition. 2 of which had any level of success in the last decade. You  might as well include BJD in your list at this rate. I'm suggesting based on this, that it's INCREDIBLY UNLIKELY anyone makes the transition successfully, much less to relevance. You think Q is only the 7th player to try it in the past 20 years?

It's too hard to come up with examples, but, I disagree with you here. I would suggest that a lot of college QBs who are drafted specifically to change positions do pretty well. Denard Robinson, Matt Jones, Joshua cribbs, Marquise Gray, Edleman... I'll give you guys like Pat White, but, he didn't have the frame to take hits and was drafted as a QB. When scouts see athlete and draft/sign with the goal of a position change, it seems to work out ok. For one, those guys get more time because the team knows they are learning a new position.  I honestly can't think of many freak athletes that do not work out. Greg Ward Jr, who in my opinion is not even close to Q athletically, is on Philly's practice squad as a WR. He was undrafted, but, signed as a project for them. 

By the way, I believe that BJD was signed as a QB and tried there for a couple of years, so, I would count him as a washout, more of a success story that he was able to play 4 years in the NFL. He also made nearly $1.4 million dollars in 4 years, so, Bull Dozer's point remains, if QF can have an above average tenure in the NFL, he can make good money even if he isn't "relevant" by some standards. 

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, Orlando Bull said:

It's too hard to come up with examples, but, I disagree with you here. I would suggest that a lot of college QBs who are drafted specifically to change positions do pretty well. Denard Robinson, Matt Jones, Joshua cribbs, Marquise Gray, Edleman... I'll give you guys like Pat White, but, he didn't have the frame to take hits and was drafted as a QB. When scouts see athlete and draft/sign with the goal of a position change, it seems to work out ok. For one, those guys get more time because the team knows they are learning a new position.  I honestly can't think of many freak athletes that do not work out. Greg Ward Jr, who in my opinion is not even close to Q athletically, is on Philly's practice squad as a WR. He was undrafted, but, signed as a project for them. 

By the way, I believe that BJD was signed as a QB and tried there for a couple of years, so, I would count him as a washout, more of a success story that he was able to play 4 years in the NFL. He also made nearly $1.4 million dollars in 4 years, so, Bull Dozer's point remains, if QF can have an above average tenure in the NFL, he can make good money even if he isn't "relevant" by some standards. 

BJD eventually got moved to WR.

Regardless, I'm not saying my point is absolutely correct. I'm saying you can refute it without being a giant tool.

I guarantee he wouldn't refute me in this way if we were in person. Even if only because he'd be punched in the mouth for doing so. But, I'd like to pretend he'd also hear my tone wasn't berating Q.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

7 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

But, I'd like to pretend he'd also hear my tone wasn't berating Q.

I guess saying that Q has zero chance at any sort of decent career inside or outside of football isn't "berating" him but what WOULD you call it?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

He'd make a great utility player...period. Q is NFL fast and agile, and has no history of being injury-prone. RB, option QB, WR, DB--I think he could do just about anything.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

He will make an NFL roster. 

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

I guess saying that Q has zero chance at any sort of decent career inside or outside of football isn't "berating" him but what WOULD you call it?

Uh. False. I said he won't be a rich man. He'll be a perfectly great firefighter and upstanding man. Don't be a baby.

Also, my entire set of comments are based on the disappointment that Q isn't rich simply for what he's done for the program and the type of awesome person he already is. Stop mincing my words.

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

45 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

Uh. False. I said he won't be a rich man. He'll be a perfectly great firefighter and upstanding man. Don't be a baby.

I may be a baby, but you're a liar:

On 12/18/2017 at 7:40 PM, The Great 8 said:

Those who criticize CCS for offering him as a DB... it might have been QF's actual path to riches. He has an uphill battle to being drafted as a QB and an uphill battle to switching positions as a professional instead of collegiate player. CWT may have relegated him to being poor the rest of his life.

#realtalk

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I may be a baby, but you're a liar:

You're still being a baby. Figuratively speaking, a firefighter is poor. Especially compared to an NFL athlete. Again, in person this would be obvious, but instead you're butt hurt for Q and trying to pick a fight with a guy who loves him.

15 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

You're still being a baby. Figuratively speaking, a firefighter is poor. Especially compared to an NFL athlete. Again, in person this would be obvious, but instead you're butt hurt for Q and trying to pick a fight with a guy who loves him.

You would have come out better if you'd just said you used a bad choice of words and not start trying to rationalize with that "figuratively speaking"  bs ...