• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QF #10 rated RB in 2018 Draft

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

USF coaching staff totally failed QF, spent four years trying to develop him into a QB, and now at the next level he's going to be a RB. If AW hadn't broken his foot, QF would have been USF's all time leading rusher 

If he gets 44 yards rushing in the bowl game Q will be USF's all time leading rusher.

And 1 more passing TD to be the all time passing TD leader. And he has the top 3 passing TD seasons in school history.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

40 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I'll guess we'll have this conversation in a few years and see if QF becomes the next Boldin/Fitzgerald/Morris.

never said he was going to succeed at the next level. just said his speed is comparable to some very successful players.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Orlando Bull said:

He's going to get a shot somewhere... you can't turn on the tape and watch him with the ball in his hands and not be impressed. Remember that there was a whole thing this year about DJ and Tice trying to learn from Q. If he can understand blocking as a RB, I think he'll make the transition just fine. I have no idea if he can really run a 4.57, but, if that's true, here's some comparisons at the RB position.

Derick Henry - 4.54

Alex Collins - 4.59

Fournette - 4.51

Kamara - 4.53

Hunt - 4.62

Perine - 4.66

Gallman - 4.57

To me, Kamara is a good comp for Q. Obviously, more polished since he's played RB forever, however, similar ability to not be tackled and make plays. Q will get a shot based solely on playmaking ability. The dolphins have Jakeem Grant and are tying to figure him out, Kamara, Collins, etc... these guys are all just football players that coaches and teams make work.

Kamara is a fast  4.53! 

I saw a tweet the other day stating  that Alabama's 2013 roster had  Alvin Kamara(N.O), Kenyan Drake(Dolphins), Derrick Henry(Titans) and T.J. Yeldon(Jags).   LOL...Crazy

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

12 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

I'm simply saying that letting an 18-year-old pick the direction of the rest of their lives is often not a great choice, they're not the best decision makers and Q doesn't seem to be surrounded by wisdom. Sure, USF was his path to be a QB. Our program paid huge dividends for that. On the unfortunate side, it did him zero good for the NFL. I adore Q as a player and as a human. It doesn't mean the likelihood of him getting rich is in anything but football and that deciding to be a QB in college will likely kill that dream.

P.S. He should've been earning big bucks during his time at USF as QB. What he did for this university is almost unfathomable.

Plenty of players make the transition and Q will draw plenty of eyes at pro day and possibly the combine to have that chance.  Also there's no guarantee that Q would develop on the offensive side of the ball at USF has without him our offense is probably in the crapper.  As for DB, maybe he's cut out to play DB maybe he's not.  You're reaching here on this as there is no way Q gets near the exposure or attention that he has right now playing another position at USF.  Your argument about CWT costing him millions is completely bunk because his best path to millions probably would've been going to Bama or another similar NFL factory and not USF.   Again, your initial argument is one of the dumbest  things I've ever read on this site.  

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Plenty of players make the transition and Q will draw plenty of eyes at pro day and possibly the combine to have that chance.  Also there's no guarantee that Q would develop on the offensive side of the ball at USF has without him our offense is probably in the crapper.  As for DB, maybe he's cut out to play DB maybe he's not.  You're reaching here on this as there is no way Q gets near the exposure or attention that he has right now playing another position at USF.  Your argument about CWT costing him millions is completely bunk because his best path to millions probably would've been going to Bama or another similar NFL factory and not USF.   Again, your initial argument is one of the dumbest  things I've ever read on this site.  

Jesus. I don't really feel like debating this.

1. I'd love to hear of all these formerly great ex-QB's thriving in the NFL at another position. The ones I know of were either a.) mediocre college QBs, or b.) very rare events.

2. Exposure and attention, at the level Q is getting, doesn't mean a lot. He's not getting any sort of legit Heisman hype or anything. Why would someone like Anthony Henry have been drafted if you  needed exposure?

3. OK, so CWT winning Q over Bama is costing him money then. Proves my point? As opposed to Mack who would've rode the bench for certain, we gave him a chance to shine and it paid off for him.

I love Q but the odds are against him making it in the NFL. If he'd spent the last 4 years playing WR / RB / DB he'd have a better shot. Assuming he didn't flame out completely at the position. Even if he flamed out horribly, he'd still have about the same odds of making it in the NFL as he does now. Near zero.

This is more a statement that Q should've been being paid as a player for what he did with our program. Not that he's some slouch.

I'm  happy to eat crow here.

Edited by The Great 8

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

Jesus. I don't really feel like debating this.

1. I'd love to hear of all these formerly great ex-QB's thriving in the NFL at another position. The ones I know of were either a.) mediocre college QBs, or b.) very rare events.

2. Exposure and attention, at the level Q is getting, doesn't mean a lot. He's not getting any sort of legit Heisman hype or anything. Why would someone like Anthony Henry have been drafted if you  needed exposure?

3. OK, so CWT winning Q over Bama is costing him money then. Proves my point? As opposed to Mack who would've rode the bench for certain, we gave him a chance to shine and it paid off for him.

I love Q but the odds are against him making it in the NFL. If he'd spent the last 4 years playing WR / RB / DB he'd have a better shot. Assuming he didn't flame out completely at the position. Even if he flamed out horribly, he'd still have about the same odds of making it in the NFL as he does now. Near zero.

This is more a statement that Q should've been being paid as a player for what he did with our program. Not that he's some slouch.

I'm  happy to eat crow here.

I don't necessarily disagree with you here, but... If Q had played RB here... he would have split carries with DJ and Mack most of his career. If he played WR, would anyone have been able to get him the ball? By playing QB in our offense, he got to showcase a lot of talent and likely graduates as our all-time leading rusher. I still think that it puts enough on tape for someone to give him a shot. Denard Robinson got a chance and played 4 years in the NFL, just over the average for an NFL player of 3.6 years. He also had some injuries.. I personally think that if Q gets the same shot that Robinson got and can stay healthy, he'll capitalize on it more.

The bolded part I am 100% in agreement with... and... Q should have a very high-paying job on CWTs staff for the rest of his life if he doesn't make it at the next level. Tags owes him a lot.

1 hour ago, Orlando Bull said:

If Q had played RB here... he would have split carries with DJ and Mack most of his career. If he played WR, would anyone have been able to get him the ball? By playing QB in our offense, he got to showcase a lot of talent and likely graduates as our all-time leading rusher. I still think that it puts enough on tape for someone to give him a shot. Denard Robinson got a chance and played 4 years in the NFL, just over the average for an NFL player of 3.6 years. He also had some injuries.. I personally think that if Q gets the same shot that Robinson got and can stay healthy, he'll capitalize on it more.

Basically this.  

Blaming CWT is beyond stupid.  None of the other positions at USF gives Q the chance to shine on film and the exposure as playing QB.  Flowers wanted to play QB CWT didn't put a gun to his head.  Players like Julian Edelman, Denard Robinson, Terrell Pryor, Brad Smith, Josh Cribbs, Antwaan Randal El, have all had success at the next level recently.  There's even more guys going back that have gotten more than a shot by doing the same.   Now if you want to argue that FLOWER'S decision to not play at Bama, UF, Etc was the wrong move that's fine.  But to try to put that on CWT or suggest that he would've had a NFL prospect level career at USF at another position is just blind speculation and doesn't acknowledge the reality of what we had in our program during Q's time here.

Again, pure stupidity dressed up in "hot take".    Ah TBP where the stupidity always finds a way to surprise me.  

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Basically this.  

Blaming CWT is beyond stupid.  None of the other positions at USF gives Q the chance to shine on film and the exposure as playing QB.  Flowers wanted to play QB CWT didn't put a gun to his head.  Players like Julian Edelman, Denard Robinson, Terrell Pryor, Brad Smith, Josh Cribbs, Antwaan Randal El, have all had success at the next level recently.  There's even more guys going back that have gotten more than a shot by doing the same.   Now if you want to argue that FLOWER'S decision to not play at Bama, UF, Etc was the wrong move that's fine.  But to try to put that on CWT or suggest that he would've had a NFL prospect level career at USF at another position is just blind speculation and doesn't acknowledge the reality of what we had in our program during Q's time here.

Again, pure stupidity dressed up in "hot take".    Ah TBP where the stupidity always finds a way to surprise me.  

I love that you're citing Cribbs and Randal El as "recently". Both happened > 10 years ago. Edelman and Pryor are really the only examples on that list that achieved any sort of relevance. And Pryor would've been a better WR in college than QB, IMHO.

18 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

I love that you're citing Cribbs and Randal El as "recently". Both happened > 10 years ago. Edelman and Pryor are really the only examples on that list that achieved any sort of relevance. And Pryor would've been a better WR in college than QB, IMHO.

Move that goal post. Now Flowers has to be "relevant" or is automatically some kind of can't miss all pro if he plays RB/WR/DB.

Playing in the NFL for just a few years could change Flowers life if he manages his money correctly.  He will get a fair shake at that opportunity.  A major reason why is he got to touch the ball every offensive play and be a difference maker the last 3 years.    If he has this can't miss, was definitely made to miss out on millions talent you seem to assume he'll be just fine.  Your hot take was bad.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

7 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Move that goal post. Now Flowers has to be "relevant" or is automatically some kind of can't miss all pro if he plays RB/WR/DB.

Playing in the NFL for just a few years could change Flowers life if he manages his money correctly.  He will get a fair shake at that opportunity.  A major reason why is he got to touch the ball every offensive play and be a difference maker the last 3 years.    If he has this can't miss, was definitely made to miss out on millions talent you seem to assume he'll be just fine.  Your hot take was bad.  

Wow, you're being a ****. I'm not moving a goal post. I'm saying you've named 6 players over the last 20 years to make the transition. 2 of which had any level of success in the last decade. You  might as well include BJD in your list at this rate. I'm suggesting based on this, that it's INCREDIBLY UNLIKELY anyone makes the transition successfully, much less to relevance. You think Q is only the 7th player to try it in the past 20 years?

Edited by The Great 8