• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Texas Tech AD

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

... is Kirby Hocutt, the CFP Committee Chairman.  Will make a bowl victory even sweeter considering the disinterest shown toward USF by that bunch.  This match up should allow him to gain some familiarity with our program to share with the rest of the CFPC, which they undoubtedly lack up to this point.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

3 minutes ago, 8u11`o3 said:

... is Kirby Hocutt, the CFP Committee Chairman.  Will make a bowl victory even sweeter considering the disinterest shown toward USF by that bunch.  This match up should allow him to gain some familiarity with our program to share with the rest of the CFPC, which they undoubtedly lack up to this point.

The problem is that the CFP does NOT release a final poll after the bowl games.

1 minute ago, Mama_Bull said:

The problem is that the CFP does NOT release a final poll after the bowl games.

I realize this year's rankings are done, but the committee is not going away.  He chaired last year, he could chair next year as well. 

Regardless, a win against an opponent aligned with the committee that snubbed us is gravy. 

32 minutes ago, 8u11`o3 said:

I realize this year's rankings are done, but the committee is not going away.  He chaired last year, he could chair next year as well. 

Regardless, a win against an opponent aligned with the committee that snubbed us is gravy. 

Well, they also snubbed us last year when were 10-2 with a win over an SEC team South Carolina and that didn't help us with them this year.

Hopefully, we will beat TT and at least stay ranked in the other polls.

I still am doubtful that the CFP will give us the benefit of a doubt next year. I don't think they wanted UCF to beat a ranked USF, since that would have forced them to move UCF more than they would have liked..

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

This to me being ranked is the most important aspect about winning next week...it’s not about the seniors (players come and go)....it’s not about the chance to play in a bowl game (we seem to be on that track now)...it’s about finishing the season ranked. By doing so we are setting a new higher culture on winning that can be embraced by the youngsters who will start next year. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

Well, they also snubbed us last year when were 10-2 with a win over an SEC team South Carolina and that didn't help us with them this year.

Hopefully, we will beat TT and at least stay ranked in the other polls.

I still am doubtful that the CFP will give us the benefit of a doubt next year. I don't think they wanted UCF to beat a ranked USF, since that would have forced them to move UCF more than they would have liked..

The CFP chairman was not the AD at South Carolina; I doubt anyone on that committee even watched our bowl last year.

Really though, Mama, I don't expect this game to change the committee's perception of USF much.  The main point of my post was to inform Bulls fans that the pot is sweetened just a little bit with this bowl.  We have an opportunity to bruise the pride of another high and mighty P5 and the CFPC chairman with a win.  We can't make them respect us, but we can make them lose to us.  That is satisfying.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,207
  • Days Won:  422

50 minutes ago, 8u11`o3 said:

Really though, Mama, I don't expect this game to change the committee's perception of USF much.

The Committee's work is done for this year and the way it's set up, with no rankings until the 9th week, whatever we do in this game should have zero effect on them. We'll have 8 or 9 games next year to give them a perception ... and as far as the other polls go, it will be great to finish the year ranked,  because that's always a good thing, but I'd be surprised if we start next year ranked even we do.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993

Any concern with the CFP is wasted energy until the format changes or we manage to get 2 top 15 opponent OOC games scheduled in the same season. 

24 minutes ago, slowdown said:

Any concern with the CFP is wasted energy until the format changes or we manage to get 2 top 15 opponent OOC games scheduled in the same season. 

From a practical stand point,  If USF had been ranked by them prior to playing UCF than we may have jumped over Memphis in their rankings which would then have resulted in USF having the home game for the CCG. So, that was the real impact of losing the Houston game. I don't think most of us realized the significance of that at the time.    

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,325
  • Days Won:  5

Can't wait to beat that ass. I can't stand that guy. I hope Harlan will give him some grief for not having us ranked. 2 out of 3 said yes but not the old white man. If Harlan doesn't I'll find him and tell him myself.