• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why all the Schiano hate?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, smazza said:

no reason to dislike him now

Now?? With RU being your 1b team, didn't think you ever disliked him ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Look, I don't like Gap Tooth Greg as much as the next Bulls fan.  But unless there's definitive proof (and there's absolutely not) that he knew what was going on at Penn State, it's a travesty what happened to him at Tennessee.  

Like New England Bull said, once the perception is grounded, it's game over.  It's done.  He can never overcome it and will never become a head coach.  And it's all because someone said someone said Schiano knew about Sandusky.

That is freaking scary.  If I was Schiano, and I didn't know anything, I would have consulted an attorney regarding a defamation suit against McQueary for that even getting leaked out.  

In the case with the Tennessee fans, they didn't want Schiano because they know he isn't going to be successful as a head coach in the SEC. You know that, I know that, pretty much everybody knew that except for Jimmy Haslem Sr. and the fired UT AD.  

The Penn State stuff wasn't really the reason they didn't want him but it was the easiest way they saw to derail the hire. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

7 minutes ago, usf97 said:
1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Look, I don't like Gap Tooth Greg as much as the next Bulls fan.  But unless there's definitive proof (and there's absolutely not) that he knew what was going on at Penn State, it's a travesty what happened to him at Tennessee.  

Like New England Bull said, once the perception is grounded, it's game over.  It's done.  He can never overcome it and will never become a head coach.  And it's all because someone said someone said Schiano knew about Sandusky.

That is freaking scary.  If I was Schiano, and I didn't know anything, I would have consulted an attorney regarding a defamation suit against McQueary for that even getting leaked out. 

In the case with the Tennessee fans, they didn't want Schiano because they know he isn't going to be successful as a head coach in the SEC. You know that, I know that, pretty much everybody knew that except for Jimmy Haslem Sr. and the fired UT AD.  

The Penn State stuff wasn't really the reason they didn't want him but it was the easiest way they saw to derail the hire. 

Very likely. The easiest way to get public opinion on your side is to defame/vilify the "other" guy and deflect attention away from the real (weak) reasons for parting ways. That's not to say GS shouldn't pursue a suit to defend his rep...

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

19 hours ago, usf97 said:

Yeah, but that's not the point of my post.  Total bullshiznit the way it went down.