• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

The Last 96 Hours at UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Sorry, found the you tube version,

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

I'm sure this I will get my Bulls card taken away but I think for our long term success we need UCF to go undefeated. In hindsight I think the American needed UCF to beat USF in some sort of dramatic fashion which they did, some are arguing was the best game of the year. As others have said, and I agree, we are at minimum joined at the hip now, and whatever success one school has only helps the other. If our goal is to get to a p5 or make the AAC part of a p6 UCF has to win their bowl, we have to win ours, navy has to win theirs, Memphis needs to win theirs the AAC really needs to go 7-0. I guess what I'm trying to rant on about is, the past is past, USF and UCF are brothers, well maybe cousins, and we can hate each other like family but by God I tell my kids all the time, what's best for the family is best for you. So if UCF beating us, winning the AAC champ and going undefeated, as much as it hurts, is good for the family then I say I'm onboard. Im going to stop short of saying why cant we just get along because I don't really want to but I do hope for UCF to show up against Auburn and smack the crap out of them.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

7 hours ago, cophbulls said:

As others have said, and I agree, we are at minimum joined at the hip now, and whatever success one school has only helps the other.

Until I see this from an impeccable source close to conference officials in regards to expansion, I'm not buying it and anything that further separates them from us is not good. I hope Auburn curb stomps them ... but not sure there are any other bowl participants that will have reason for a worse mindset than War Eagle. Gus going to have to do a phenomenal psyche job on them.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89
  • Days Won:  0

Here's what I've seen in the last 96 hours: a bunch of UCF fans complaining about Scott Frost poaching their recruits and the new coach not bringing any new kids with him. They are in meltdown mode...guess it's good we have an early signing day this year.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  2

On 12/14/2017 at 12:51 PM, BrassBulls12 said:

I didn't watch either, but....

While the affects of the acceleration can be debated,  its still a stepping stone.  At the time that we made the jump the Big East was an AQ conference in the BCS. Those conferences had standards that had to be met. I can't really find much information on UCF decision making policies concerning conference selections, so I guess the question would be, did they stay in C-USA  by choice? or because there wasn't a better option. 

If you can find any links that show that they were choosing to stay in C-USA, I would genuinely like to read it. 

If we are being honest, after the creation of the power 5, we were regulated to their level and from all that I've read, we were trying  to be with the big boys. 

I personally see no benefit in staying in a smaller conference. you play to win the game, You win the game to win an NC. To me its the same as us wanting to be a power 5 team. 

It seems we are a package deal nowadays so we will see where it goes. 

I understand that I am attempting to split hairs, but to prove that we are better than them, I will attempt to split a wig. 

There's a few things you got wrong in previous posts and some that I think are wrong here but I'm not 100% because I don't fully know if in this second post you're saying what I think you're saying.

For the past posts, USF didn't zoom by UCF as much as you think they did. I would say 8 years is the true gap, the time between when you joined the Big East and when we joined the AAC. 

"Well yeah but we got the Big East in 8 years and it took UCF 30+ years of football to-" that's where I'll stop you. You gotta look at the big picture. Yeah it looks like a monumental lead but now when you consider that it shouldn't be just based on when the schools started playing football, but relative to the age of the school as well. UCF started playing football 13 years after it was founded as a school. Of course we went D3, we were a young and tiny school. USF started football in year 41. I guarantee you that we would have risen as quickly or USF just as slowly if we swapped when we started football. USF as a school in year 41 had more support, money, and athletic history than UCF in year 13. So of course they only spent 4 years in FCS and never had to go D3 or D2 like we did.

The second part relating to your post I quoted. I'm not sure if you're saying UCF chose to stay in CUSA when USF went to the Big East. If that's the case, we chose CUSA but not to stay. We weren't in CUSA. Since we moved up to FBS we were independent and then found a home for football in the MAC. But the opening in CUSA left behind USF and the other Big East bound teams provided a better conference that made more geographic sense than the MAC and we could put all our sports in there. This is where we were behind. We went MAC to CUSA while USF was going CUSA to Big East.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 12/14/2017 at 11:49 AM, Triple B said:

Dude, they're 13-0 right now. The last thing I'd want to critique at this time is any on the field results. As far as conference affiliation goes, all that matters right now is that we're both at the same level ..... and I hate you like poison for drawing that out of me. :hippy2:

Lot of emotional butthurt and response to their recent success here. I try to be objective. They won the Fiesta bowl, they've won AAC conference champs. They came back from 0-12 so fast it was sick. They just beat Auburn. Nothing to attack there.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 12/14/2017 at 12:34 PM, Triple B said:

I didn't bother watching the video so I'm not sure if it was all warm and fuzzy to the Kanigits or if it had a dose of reality tossed in about life in a G5 ...

And you are certainly entitled to your opinion about the two programs, just don't agree completely .... in fact, in an opinion I've shared numerous times on the Main board, I think our rapid acceleration has been much more of a negative than a positive when it comes to our football program.

When it comes to fan base I think you're dead on about our rapid acceleration.