• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie to FSU is official

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, Leviathan said:

FSU has more money than Oregon? 

I doubt it

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe not more money but willing to spend more money.  We will see when his contract is made public.  Oregon offered up $4 million/year for 5 years.  Let’s see what he gets from this job. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149

6 minutes ago, Leviathan said:

Amazing how he is such a big target. What has he done? I appreciate him for how he rebuilt USF’s football program, but he never won a bowl game and his defense was always awful. If it wasn’t for Flowers and Mack he would have been lucky to win 6 games a season. 

Also, why would he move his family across the country and then come back after only one year? Is FSU an upgrade over Oregon? He’s giving up that unlimited Phil Knight/Nike money. 

It’s ridiculous how much money these public Universities can spend on football coaches. 

Not only unlimited money, but unlimited notoriety. U of O rules the state; there is a lot more green and yellow than orange and black out here.

He'll crush it in recruiting. Oregon is not Notre Dame or USC. I think they're discovering they're not the national program they thought they were. It's hard to convince kids to move 3000 miles from home to play in the cold rain.

Guest PCBull14
14 minutes ago, Leviathan said:

Amazing how he is such a big target. What has he done? I appreciate him for how he rebuilt USF’s football program, but he never won a bowl game and his defense was always awful. If it wasn’t for Flowers and Mack he would have been lucky to win 6 games a season. 

Also, why would he move his family across the country and then come back after only one year? Is FSU an upgrade over Oregon? He’s giving up that unlimited Phil Knight/Nike money. 

It’s ridiculous how much money these public Universities can spend on football coaches. 

This is why you don't make hiring decisions!

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

:popcorn:I wonder what catch phrase he's going to come up with for FSU. :roflmao:

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231

Seminoles were my #1 team for many years while waiting for USF to get one. FSU has been a distant second place since then but I root for them anytime they aren't playing us. So I am hoping this works out for both WT and FSU. And if Leavitt joins him how ironic would that be? 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, fhemmer209 said:

Seminoles were my #1 team for many years while waiting for USF to get one. FSU has been a distant second place since then but I root for them anytime they aren't playing us. So I am hoping this works out for both WT and FSU. And if Leavitt joins him how ironic would that be? 

Same situation here ....... Hope it works out but I just don't know if Willie is up for this. Awfully big jump in a couple of years ...

• Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

and a train has replaced the bus...