• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie to FSU is official

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah...very happy for him...he will recruit the heck out of Florida and we may get some leftovers

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

This feels so much better than last year... am I right?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

4 minutes ago, gmanbull93 said:

Yeah...very happy for him...he will recruit the heck out of Florida and we may get some leftovers

You mean like every other year, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

"...Now the Ducks will begin their second coaching search in as many years.

Potential candidates could include co-offensive coordinator Mario Cristobal, defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt, former Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin, Cal coach Justin Wilcox, who played at UO, and Boise State coach Bryan Harsin, who garnered interest during UO's search a year ago. In addition Steve Greatwood, the former UO player and longtime Ducks assistant who just finished his first season at Cal, has made his interest in the opening known to UO officials, a source told The Oregonian/OregonLive.

"...A top priority is now holding together as much of UO's seventh-ranked 2018 recruiting class as possible ahead of the Dec. 20-22 signing period, a source told The Oregonian/OregonLive.

Complicating that goal, however, is UO's berth in the Dec. 16 Las Vegas Bowl against No. 25 Boise State, the timing of which will force the Ducks to alter their plan of hosting a massive recruiting weekend Dec. 15. Some recruits had been rescheduled to arrive this weekend..."

Read more at: 

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2017/12/willie_taggart_oregon_ducks_fl.html

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,075
  • Days Won:  2

Willie was out of sight, out of mind in Oregon.  I liked it better that way.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

Amazing how he is such a big target. What has he done? I appreciate him for how he rebuilt USF’s football program, but he never won a bowl game and his defense was always awful. If it wasn’t for Flowers and Mack he would have been lucky to win 6 games a season. 

Also, why would he move his family across the country and then come back after only one year? Is FSU an upgrade over Oregon? He’s giving up that unlimited Phil Knight/Nike money. 

It’s ridiculous how much money these public Universities can spend on football coaches. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Days Won:  0

Nice to see the P5 programs getting a taste of their own medicine by having their head coaches stolen by other P5 programs rather than them just stealing ours. There is a clear hierarchy even amongst the big P5 programs.  Money talks 

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Leviathan said:

Amazing how he is such a big target. What has he done? I appreciate him for how he rebuilt USF’s football program, but he never won a bowl game and his defense was always awful. If it wasn’t for Flowers and Mack he would have been lucky to win 6 games a season. 

Also, why would he move his family across the country and then come back after only one year? Is FSU an upgrade over Oregon? He’s giving up that unlimited Phil Knight/Nike money. 

It’s ridiculous how much money these public Universities can spend on football coaches. 

Maybe he got out there and hated it?  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930
  • Days Won:  0

Love what He did for us.  But I hope he loses every single game at FSU. No way I can root for UCF, FSU, UF or others like that.  Leaving after a year is a very bad look, but if he wins at FSU no one will care in the long run. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Maryland Bull said:

Nice to see the P5 programs getting a taste of their own medicine by having their head coaches stolen by other P5 programs rather than them just stealing ours. There is a clear hierarchy even amongst the big P5 programs.  Money talks 

FSU has more money than Oregon?