• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad
brybull1970

It’s Official: Birmingham Bowl vs. Texas Tech

1 hour ago, smazza said:

does los angeles have a flight to alabama?

Atlanta is the Captial of Alabama.

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

When a team like USF puts two skill guys into the NFL and has a coaching change things will surely change.  Here comes my logical part.  The fact that people aren't able to see it amazes me.  

Yes, that has made a difference this year.  The defense has also improved at times, but apparently not enough to balance it out yet.

For the person that asked about team hotel, last year they stayed at the Hyatt Regency at the Galleria Mall south of town.  Doesn't mean they will be there this year I guess.  We aren't making the trip this year.  Committed to going to see the WBB tournament in NOLA that week and will be driving home on the 23rd.  

For those that do go, we had a great dinner at a place called Gianmarco's.  Definitely worth doing if you are there an extra day - unless you want to blow off the pep rally and go that night.  As for BBQ, everyone said to go to Dreamland.  We did. Don't bother.  Just okay.

Get the disappointment but to pretend we are being disrespected is hilarious.. our best win is temple. 6-6 temple. I’m ecstatic we got a p5 opponent- it wasn’t far fetched that it could have been a non-p5. 

1 hour ago, bullsfan1983 said:

Houston screwed us again. TT only bowl eligible because of a win over Houston. 

Also could have been a blessing. Who knows what we would have been stuck with if it wasn't them ...

• Upvote 1

Just get the W.

• Upvote 1

I'm waffling on this one.  If anyone wants to strap me to the roof of their car, for the drive there I'd probably go.  I just can't see driving to Bham for a 2nd year in a row.  If i go, it'd mean I'd have gone to Birmingham more than I've gone to the Doctor in the Last year...and neither one of those things sounds healthy.  (I'd actually probably go, but I don't think anyone in our crew of 12+ from last year is going)

4 hours ago, smazza said:

does los angeles have a flight to alabama?

Your best bet for a direct flight would be to Atlanta. Best direct options are: Southwest, American Airlines, or Delta. 

Our crew of 2 not going. We made the Tulane trip our splurge for the year. Plus haven’t seen the daughter & grandkids for a year. Will be in NC that week before.  Timing for the game is not good this year for us.

1 hour ago, nobullaboutit said:

Our crew of 2 not going. We made the Tulane trip our splurge for the year. Plus haven’t seen the daughter & grandkids for a year. Will be in NC that week before.  Timing for the game is not good this year for us.

I Think the poor timing is going to be the biggest issue with this game. This game sets up nicely for people living in SEC country, not much anywhere else.