It’s Official: Birmingham Bowl vs. Texas Tech

15 minutes ago, Triple B said:

As late as this got finalized, there must have been a lot back and forth goingon. I'm assuming  Memphis approved staying home and we know Navy wanted to stay home so I'm not sure there was a better location out there. It's just a tough break that it wasn't the AAC's turn for Shreveport because have to assume we would have been a lock for there ...

Yep, this whole year has been bad timing. With 7-9 wins next year we sure as hell better be getting at least the Military Bowl. Those friggin guys owe us one now. 

Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This years team was hardly a Ferrari.  More like a Honda.  Reliable, but nothing special.   People failed to realize how much MM and RA contributed.  

Kudos to Aresco and Harlan for getting the Bulls into a bowl game they haven’t played in recently and against an opponent that should pack fans into a state of the art stadium.

From a post on twitter.  This guy said it best "When you're handed the keys to a Ferrari and you drive it like a Prius, it ends up back in Birmingham!"

Posted Images

I was really hoping for the military bowl against an ACC opponent, or at least a post christmas bowl game such as the Liberty bowl. It's weird how Memphis and Navy are staying home. Regardless, I hope we have a great turnout at this game to support Q in his final 4 quarters as a bull. See you there!

99% sure I'll be there, with either 2 or 3 in tow, will find out tomorrow.

But it looks like we'll be driving thru Chattanooga instead of Atlanta...

5 minutes ago, charsibb said:

99% sure I'll be there, with either 2 or 3 in tow, will find out tomorrow.

But it looks like we'll be driving thru Chattanooga instead of Atlanta...

Yeah looking like it is a no go for me. Kids are not excited about me traveling so close to Christmas. Still pissed off about the date of this game. Ughhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I’ll still buy tickets and donate them though. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

Funny how a year changes things.  Everybody was ecstatic last year when we got the the Birmingham bid.  I get it if you can't make it due to the date, but everyone that can go needs to go.  Big conferences look at this stuff.  My group is going.  We're booked at the Hampton Inn Tutwiler, a short walk to the Pep Rally (maybe 4 blocks or so).  Not thrilled about going two years in a row, but I'm a fan and I want to see these Seniors play one last time.  Plus its a new team from a Power 5 league, so that will be a good thing.  Hopefully we can get as many as possible to the game.

Go Bulls, Beat Red Raiders!  

Not sure it's even an option as I overheard my wife telling her sister on the phone, "...well guess who won't be going?".

...but, anybody interested in car pooling?

My son and I drove last year, but it was a little much as he's not of driving age so I had to go straight through there and back.

6 hours ago, dausfbulls11 said:

At least its a P5 team, was hoping to get FSU but beats the heck out of fau,fiu, or southern piss

I think we could have at least had a great turnout at FAU. Sounds like not many will be going to Birmingham. FSU would have been awesome though...

6 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

This years team was hardly a Ferrari.  More like a Honda.  Reliable, but nothing special.  

People failed to realize how much MM and RA contributed.  

Not sure why the thumbs down on this. I thought that most here agreed that there would be some drop-off without MM and RA. Solid this year, no doubt, but we proved to be mostly unspectacular. 

36 minutes ago, JoeB said:

Funny how a year changes things.  Everybody was ecstatic last year when we got the the Birmingham bid.  I get it if you can't make it due to the date, but everyone that can go needs to go.  Big conferences look at this stuff.  My group is going.  We're booked at the Hampton Inn Tutwiler, a short walk to the Pep Rally (maybe 4 blocks or so).  Not thrilled about going two years in a row, but I'm a fan and I want to see these Seniors play one last time.  Plus its a new team from a Power 5 league, so that will be a good thing.  Hopefully we can get as many as possible to the game.

Go Bulls, Beat Red Raiders!  

Don't know if you are aware, but last year there were free buses in that area to take you to the bowl game and back. That is what we did and it worked out very well.