• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

So Who Do We Root For in Championship Game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,303
  • Days Won:  2

Option 1, Root for UCF. Saturday leaves 6 11-2 teams jousting for 3 spots below 11-1 Miami with 11-1 Alabama not even playing a championsion game, and 12-1 Wisconsin losers in theirs. UCF beats a ranked team and the CFP idiots finally say, hmmmm.... Let's put an American team in the playoff and we get bunches of money. We do the same next year and suddenly the American being a P6 is very ligit.

Option 2, Root for UCF. No way in hell 6 teams end up with 2 losses. UCF ends up undefeated prompting a long offseason discussion on The American, the playoff system, and either we become that much closer to a P6 or the CFP expands to an 8 team playoff.

Option 3, screw UCF. Hope they never win another stinkin' game. Go Memphis, cheers your beers while watching a one loss American team have fun in the Peach Bowl. Frost goes to Nebraska, and UCF retreats back into obscurity once again.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  6

As I could care less about the AAC and could care even less about UCiF I'm 100% on board with option 3.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

2, well 1, but in light of the 1 spot they went up after beating a ranked team (yes we were and still are ranked) obviously the committee harbors doubts about whether they want their pockets emptied by the p5 or not. Damned be the righteous. Putting a p6 in to the playoffs means pissing off the p5 which means pissing off a bunch of school who more than likely grease the wheels of the committee. Yes sir another steak tartar, immediately sir. Anywhoo, either way I'm rooting for the Knights only because, well, this hurts to say, but perhaps we can ride their coattails to the b12.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

*sigh* ....

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I hope Memphis curb stomps the tinmen.  There is no scenario where G5 will ever be considered for the playoff.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Option 1 is no chance. Option 2 will be forgotten after this year ala Western Michigan last year. Option 3 is the best option. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Man, never thought I’d say this but Go Tigers! F ucf. 

Please don’t let tigertim see this 🤫 

also did he ever pay up?

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Once the bowls are over there are only the final AP and Coaches polls. We are currently ranked #23 in both.

Last year we weren't ranked at any time by the CFP, but we ended up being the best ranked AAC team in the final polls, #19, and were also the only AAC team ranked #19 in the preseason polls this year.

I'm just  hoping we win a bowl game against a decent name P5 team which would likely put us around #20 again in the final polls and perhaps another ranking in the preseason polls.

I don't see us jumping over UCF, even if they lose the CCG and their bowl game, since they beat us in the regular season. So regardless of how we do, UCF will stay ahead of us in the AP and Coaches final poll.

But, if Memphis loses to UCF again and also loses their bowl game, they would most likely fall out of the final polls and not be ranked in the preseason.

If we want he AAC to look the best possible, then UCF needs to beat Memphis and all three of us win our bowl games. UCF would be ranked around #10, Memphis around #18 and USF around #20. Having three AAC teams in the top 20 in both final polls would create more separation between us and the other G5 conferences, and give more credence to our P6 claim, especially when it comes to negotiating our next TV deal.

So, having said all that, I am rooting for Memphis to beat UCF and for both of them to lose their bowl games.

That probably isn't very logical, but I can't help myself. :lmao:

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,940
  • Days Won:  38

I like that UCF is exposing the sham playoff, but I kinda hope they lose to Memphis :GoBulls: