• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The ucf Experience

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

No you haven't. I can't believe I'm defending this, but the water fountain game was for Texas in the opener in 2007 and it was ******* miserable. But water fountains were installed long before USF ever played there the next year.

Stick to blaming Holtz for working his own charity golf tournament instead of watching a flag football game on campus.

Also, your typing makes smazza look like Merriam-Webster and Kate Turabian's love child.

UF ran out of water in the swamp and it felt like it was 100 that day. He’s not lying about that one. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

UF ran out of water in the swamp and it felt like it was 100 that day. He’s not lying about that one. 

And they don't have water fountains there? From using the Google, in 2010, UF says they have 100+ fountains, give out free cups of ice to anyone who asks, and set up misting tents.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Could be mistaken but that's not what he said. Looks to me like he's saying every other USF home game besides 2007 WVU doesn't compare to Friday's UCF/USF game .... and I believe him ... but I also think one of the reasons for that is that there's never been another USF home game with anything close to what was on the line last night, which I imagine added mightily to the atmosphere .... and then you add to that the way the game on the field played out and you have a fantastic experience that had little to do with where it was played.

Perhaps you are correct. Regardless, if we are still clinging to a game that happened 10 years ago as an example of what RAY JAY can be like then I rest my case.

4 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

An OCS isn’t a magic bullet, but it’s just a neccessity in my opinion. It just has to happen if we are to be taken seriously. So many say “there’s no evidence that attendance will improve”. Well you know what? There IS evidence that it WON’T improve staying at Ray Jay. 

Ever notice how Wendy’s and Chili’s have all done facelifts on their restaurants? Why do you suppose they do that? The menu is the same. Do they think loads more people are going to discover their restaurants? No, they do it to freshen up the brand. To enhance the customer experience. Business is business.

The game day experience is the product. The team and the University is the brand. It all has to get better. Change is necessary. 

I haven’t but I don’t eat that ****. You don’t have to preach marketing 101 to me as that is what I got my BS from at USF. This is something completely different and I’ve seen first hand at many stadiums old and new in many sports that the shine of a new stadium wears off faster than a 12 year olds first nut. When that happens we’ll be stuck with the same core 18,000 fans and 200 million in bad debt. 

1 minute ago, 206BULL said:

I haven’t but I don’t eat that ****. You don’t have to preach marketing 101 to me as that is what I got my BS from at USF. This is something completely different and I’ve seen first hand at many stadiums old and new in many sports that the shine of a new stadium wears off faster than a 12 year olds first nut. When that happens we’ll be stuck with the same core 18,000 fans and 200 million in bad debt. 

Marketing was my major as well, with an economics minor. I guess I just understand it better. And no, it’s not completely different. 

Every year that we don’t have our own stadium is another year we look like Tampa’s JV team. Perception is reality. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, JTrue said:

No you haven't. I can't believe I'm defending this, but the water fountain game was for Texas in the opener in 2007 and it was ******* miserable. But water fountains were installed long before USF ever played there the next year.

Stick to blaming Holtz for working his own charity golf tournament instead of watching a flag football game on campus.

Also, your typing makes smazza look like Merriam-Webster and Kate Turabian's love child.

That last senence

:lmao: 

2 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Marketing was my major as well, with an economics minor. I guess I just understand it better. And no, it’s not completely different. 

Every year that we don’t have our own stadium is another year we look like Tampa’s JV team. Perception is reality. 

Then we are the JV team in Tampa. But even professional teams whom other teams once compared themselves to have seen a steady decline in attendance new stadium or not. The Yankees can’t sell out to save their lives and are typically 40-60% full less than a decade removed from a new stadium(unless the Red Sox are playing, see UCiF’s big attendance yesterday), same goes for house hold names in all other sports. The fans aren’t coming out like they once did and an OCS isn’t changing that. 

And I’m not sure how a soft roll out leading to a larger overhaul if successful at fast food or sit down chains compares to sinking $200 million into a stadium. One costs a few million at most to test at market(keep in mind at billion dollar corporations who have a budget for R&D for this exact reason) while the other is a blind investment by a publicly held University. An investment in which the numbers and trends prove to be a ****** pretty ****** one.

At at this point in time an OCS at USF is the same as buying a speed boat. Except with the speed boat you can enjoy it more than 7-8 times a year. And once you’ve had your fun you can resell the boat to recoup some of your losses. Sorry my minor was accounting and this stadium makes zero sense from a numbers stand point right now. Take a step back and look at it fiscally and not with your heart. 

4 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Then we are the JV team in Tampa. But even professional teams whom other teams once compared themselves to have seen a steady decline in attendance new stadium or not. The Yankees can’t sell out to save their lives and are typically 40-60% full less than a decade removed from a new stadium(unless the Red Sox are playing, see UCiF’s big attendance yesterday), same goes for house hold names in all other sports. The fans aren’t coming out like they once did and an OCS isn’t changing that. 

And I’m not sure how a soft roll out leading to a larger overhaul if successful at fast food or sit down chains compares to sinking $200 million into a stadium. One costs a few million at most to test at market(keep in mind at billion dollar corporations who have a budget for R&D for this exact reason) while the other is a blind investment by a publicly held University. An investment in which the numbers and trends prove to be a ****** pretty ****** one.

At at this point in time an OCS at USF is the same as buying a speed boat. Except with the speed boat you can enjoy it more than 7-8 times a year. And once you’ve had your fun you can resell the boat to recoup some of your losses. Sorry my minor was accounting and this stadium makes zero sense from a numbers stand point right now. Take a step back and look at it fiscally and not with your heart. 

I am not denying the fact that attendance is down in all sports all across the country. I’m also not denying the fact that the shine can wear off of a new stadium pretty quickly and it doesn’t solve all the problems.

I’ll even go as far as to say that the Tampa Bay sports market may be one of the most fickle in the country. We have so much to do here outside of sports. It is by and large a band wagon town. It always will be.

USF Football is fighting an uphill battle as it is competing against the Bucs and Lightning for general interest and dollars in this town.

I keep going back to the same point though, the focus needs to be on developing excitement and loyalty from within. The customer base needs to built from within. On campus with students and alumni. The average non-USF person will likely never care as much about the program as we do. I don’t expect them to. We need to create more rabid USF Alumni. Each class that comes through and graduates without a real connection to the team is a missed opportunity. 

As for the financial aspects of the stadium. I don’t know all of the ins and outs. All I know is that many other schools have figured out ways to make it happen. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

auto correct changes typing on my I phone, Mr Webster.  I have been to stadiums without water.  I was at the swamp and they ran out of ice and we couldn't find any fountains, you were not with me so you are in a position to correct me. I was not talking about Bright House Stadium but since you are gushing over that bounce house, you wouldn't know.

I have been to all home games in Ray Jay except Louisville the day after Thanksgiving years ago.  We had large crowds before Holtz, I could give a rats@## about any of his charity golf tournaments, I do know that we lost a lot of season ticket holders, I witnessed the mass exodus from Section 113 during the Holtz New Era, were you there??

so go insult someone else.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

11 hours ago, snarling Bull said:

auto correct changes typing on my I phone, Mr Webster.  I have been to stadiums without water.  I was at the swamp and they ran out of ice and we couldn't find any fountains, you were not with me so you are not in a position to correct me. I was not talking about Bright House Stadium but since you are gushing over that bounce house, you wouldn't know.

I have been to all home games in Ray Jay except Louisville the day after Thanksgiving years ago.  We had large crowds before Holtz, I could give a rats@## about any of his charity golf tournaments, I do know that we lost a lot of season ticket holders, I witnessed the mass exodus from Section 113 during the Holtz New Era, were you there??

so go insult someone else.