• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The ucf Experience

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, Gismo said:

It woulding have been what it was without the Bulls there. Attend all their other home games. Crickets. Just like we need a big name opponent to fill RayJay they need on top for their rusted dumpster. 

Having that feel every week requires a level of generational support and also prestige (caugh caugh P5 caugh) USF and UCF are far from achieving. Probably not for another 30 years. 

I was a student in 2007 and 50k at Raymond James was rocking just fine. On campus is not going to fix attendance. We need a winning team AND namebrand opponents and any place we play will be rocking. 

Wonder what our campus/fan support would look like in 30 years if we had an OCS in place today. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

23 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Care to share the Tweets?  

I don't have them.  My quote was from a member earlier in the thread.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

4 minutes ago, UCFKnight04 said:

Gizmo, I agree it isn't the same when we are hosting Memphis or ECU...so maybe the good comparison is last night vs when UCF visits USF.   Not saying that to boast but let's be realistic. 

If you are still referencing a game 10 years ago to cite the potential then you aren't planning for the right size and time.   Stadiums can be expanded.   A lot will have to go right to recreate the WVU game and while you can sort of control your product, you can't control the opponent or the stakes.    

Could UCF have sold out a 55-60k stadium last night for this amazing game?  Possibly.  But we shouldn't expand it for that one game.   

if the Citrus Bowl wasn't so run down and in a terrible part of town, UCF would probably still be playing there. USF is fortunate to have a state of the art NFL stadium we can use--- nothing needs to be built-- just come and play, pay for what you use. Need room for 68K fans? no problem. If needed, we can expand to 77K with temp stands in the south end zone (like they do for the super bowl).

Now if RJS becomes a run down dump -- then sure-- time to build something. Or we have money to spend on it-- sure, get it done. The Football practice facility is a necessary evil in the recruiting game. Check all the other schools in Florida worth a ****-- they have one or are building one. Why is that important? Hmmm... the guys who play use that all season long. They would use an OCS 8 times a year (or for some practice too-- sure, I guess, if that is a huge selling point to the casual on campus stadium dreamer who simply cannot stand that we don't have better campus SPIRIT.

jeez-- save it for the cheerleader camp

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

The Sun Dome argument is soooooo weak.  There is no comparison between basketball fan engagement and football fan engagement.  Football always has and always will drive the college tradition bus.  

Tell that to Duke, UK and UNC.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

if the Citrus Bowl wasn't so run down and in a terrible part of town, UCF would probably still be playing there. USF is fortunate to have a state of the art NFL stadium we can use--- nothing needs to be built-- just come and play, pay for what you use. Need room for 68K fans? no problem. If needed, we can expand to 77K with temp stands in the south end zone (like they do for the super bowl).

Now if RJS becomes a run down dump -- then sure-- time to build something. Or we have money to spend on it-- sure, get it done. The Football practice facility is a necessary evil in the recruiting game. Check all the other schools in Florida worth a ****-- they have one or are building one. Why is that important? Hmmm... the guys who play use that all season long. They would use an OCS 8 times a year (or for some practice too-- sure, I guess, if that is a huge selling point to the casual on campus stadium dreamer who simply cannot stand that we don't have better campus SPIRIT.

jeez-- save it for the cheerleader camp

St. Leavitt said RJS was his best recruiting tool.

There is a huge disconnect between want and need in today's society and on this board. As you said we had that atmosphere when we were a relevant program at RJS. Even if a bag containing $250 million dollars fell from the sky and demolished MOSI I would wonder if the $250 million couldn't be put to better use to further the core mission of USF. Unless you can get revenue from the OCS on other days it is one huge risk of an investment so people can feel good. I am not sure what other activities an OCS could attract for revenue.

That said I hate the deal we have with a publicly funded stadium. It's criminal.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Days Won:  3

Some douche USF fan got knocked out cold in the bathroom. Not a good look but he deserved it because he wouldnt stfu stupid trash talk.

I walked out of there and just people I was just glad both UF and FSU are terrible this year and got a couple of high fives from UCF fans.

I thought their fans were great.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I watched the game downtown at The Basement, packed with UCiF fans. Had a great time, and the free beer was nice touch.

One USF fan was an ass, though. Poking fun at Shaquem Griffin before him and his GF got tossed, I believe for her getting close to fighting some UCF co-eds.

Edited by theman123

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Been saying it forever. The erector set trumps Ray Jay every week. Game day on campus is just different and if you were at UCF on friday you’d know it. Much better environment and atmosphere. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

2 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Tell that to Duke, UK and UNC.

Fair - and they all have OCS's.  Its not that you can't have both, but their money generator is still football.