• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The ucf Experience

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Any idea of the TV ratings of yesterdays game?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

YEah-- the ability to see all those cell phone lights is because they have lesser lighting than we do at RJS (it is a standard required to host a super bowl).

RJS can be just as much if not much more than what UCF has--- if you were at the 2007 game against WVU, you would understand this. But hey-- keep whining to us about an OCS because clearly the members of this message board are the ones who make decisions like this.

You play 6 to 8 home football games a season --- 8 or 9 total days that the stadium serves its intended purpose. So yeah-- let's ditch an NFL quality stadium to have some piss poor one on campus just so a handful of fans can say we have a nice campus experience. Who gives a crap about on campus experience? This isn't the 1950s.

USF will get an OCS some day. But how about we wait for the time that makes sense financially. Or even never. Who cares-- it is one weeks worth of days out of your entire year.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

Agree with Mike G....until the community buys in...until the alumni buys in...and until the students can be bother enough to show up...the location of the stadium is nothing more than an excuse for poor attendance and general apathy. 

There are plenty of games at UCF that are poorly attended. Last night was the exception, not the rule at Southern Oviedo Community College for Suntanning and Beer Ponging.

Last I checked, the Sun Dome has been on campus....more people show up to the library than a Men’s basketball game. This holds true even in those rare years that we are not awful.

Edited by gmanbull93
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

8 minutes ago, MikeG said:

YEah-- the ability to see all those cell phone lights is because they have lesser lighting than we do at RJS (it is a standard required to host a super bowl).

RJS can be just as much if not much more than what UCF has--- if you were at the 2007 game against WVU, you would understand this. But hey-- keep whining to us about an OCS because clearly the members of this message board are the ones who make decisions like this.

You play 6 to 8 home football games a season --- 8 or 9 total days that the stadium serves its intended purpose. So yeah-- let's ditch an NFL quality stadium to have some piss poor one on campus just so a handful of fans can say we have a nice campus experience. Who gives a crap about on campus experience? This isn't the 1950s.

USF will get an OCS some day. But how about we wait for the time that makes sense financially. Or even never. Who cares-- it is one weeks worth of days out of your entire year.

Yep, you dont get it, its not about the stupid cell phone lights, but thats OK.  Were you at the game yesterday?  The atmosphere was much more than silly lights.

I was at the 2007 game and winning covers a multitude of sins.  An OCS should have been built back then when we were rolling.

It is awesome playing in red seats, a giant pirate ship and when we are super lucky, a faded bulls logo on the field because the Bucs are playing the next day.  

Edited by ArmyBull
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, gmanbull93 said:

Agree with Mike G....until the community buys in...until the alumni buys in...and until the students can be bother enough to show up...the location of the stadium is nothing more than an excuse for poor attendance and general apathy. 

There are plenty of games at UCF that are poorly attended. Last night was the exception, not the rule at Southern Oviedo Community College for Suntanning and Beer Ponging.

OCS equals an investment in tradition.  It takes time to mature, but it will.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, gmanbull93 said:

Last I checked, the Sun Dome has been on campus....more people show up to the library than a Men’s basketball game. This holds true even in those rare years that we are not awful.

The Sun Dome argument is soooooo weak.  There is no comparison between basketball fan engagement and football fan engagement.  Football always has and always will drive the college tradition bus.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

24 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Were you at the game?  I am only asking because I sat very near the band.  I am trying to figure out how a ucf fan would actually go about doing this.  Did they spit while the band was seated with precision accuracy?  Did they run down out of their seats to the fence and fire off a lugy between all of the armed law enforcement while the band was walking to the field?   

2 hours ago, dausfbulls11 said:

saw some usf band members tweet that students were spitting on them and cursing them out on way to halftime performance but didnt see it

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,077
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, ArmyBull said:

Well, we are raising a crap ton of money for an indoor practice facility..... priorities I guess.

Exactly...an IPF is unnecessary and nothing but a luxury.  An OCS is NEEDED and if the USF administration can't see that by now, they never will.  Mortgage the campus, be in debt until the end of time...who cares, just make it happen!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

It wouldn't have been what it was without the Bulls there. Go attend all their other home games. Crickets. Just like we need a big name opponent to fill RayJay they need one for their rusted dumpster. 

Having that feel every week requires a level of generational support and also prestige (caugh caugh P5 caugh) USF and UCF are far from achieving. Probably not for another 30 years. 

I was a student in 2007 and 50k at Raymond James was rocking just fine in the Big East and with Leavitt. Moving campus is not going to fix attendance. We need a winning team AND namebrand opponents and any place we play will be rocking.

The argument I do buy into for an OCS is to get more student involvement because they won't be able to escape it and the increased convenience. I think being off campus hurts student involvement. It didn't seem to matter in the Big East though. 

Edited by Gismo

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

Care to share the Tweets?  

Edited by ArmyBull