• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC to Big 5 Gap Is Clear

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, USF_Grouper said:

Good news is we will get to see come bowl season. Time will tell.

Just the crap cherry on this stupid thread you started.  How in God’s name can we tell anything from the biased bowl season anything about the P5/G5 division, genius?  Head to head record?  Ok, thanks for nothing.

1 minute ago, USF_Grouper said:

Enlighten me on this great insight then... You have an undefeated AAC team behind a 3 loss Big 5 team - seems rest of world recognizes what I am seeing today. These are two fo the best (probably the two best ) no P5 teams in the country. Game was entertaining and exciting. But I think anyone unaware of conference affiliation would be pretty certain this was a non P5 matchup.

Why don’t you find a P5 board to post on, USF “fan”?

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

3 minutes ago, NCBull said:

Just the crap cherry on this stupid thread you started.  How in God’s name can we tell anything from the biased bowl season anything about the P5/G5 division, genius?  Head to head record?  Ok, thanks for nothing.

That is rich.. the "fake news" bowl matchups. Oh I don't know maybe when the 3rd best AAC team meets the 5th or 6th best SEC team the results will tell us something... maybe just poor analysis though

2 minutes ago, USF_Grouper said:

That is rich.. the "fake news" bowl matchups. Oh I don't know maybe when the 3rd best AAC team meets the 5th or 6th best SEC team the results will tell us something... maybe just poor analysis though

So...you don’t know anything about our previous “P5” bowl matchups.  Again, poor analysis.  FYI we’re 2-2...how the “gap is clear” you’ll have to elaborate.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, USF_Grouper said:

This has been a great game - lots of heart, lots of passion. But the caliber of play is just not there. Congrats to UCF for pulling one out. Let's see what happens in bowls but I think either of these teams on the field today get clobbered by a bad FSU or UF team this year. Always hoped to see good rivalry with UCF - sadly it is because we have dwindled to their level instead of them accelerating to ours.

I wouls love to play UF or FSU this year. UCF and USF are better teams this year. lay off the crack buddy lol

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

27 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

With the way both offenses and defenses looked I’d say USF and UCF are Big 12 ready.

The atmosphere of that game was better than a lot of P5 games. I think this showed a lot of potential for this rivalry.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Just an f/y/i....last time UCF played in a major bowl game they crushed the unstopable Baylor team.  Two good teams played today that would have beaten a lot of P5 teams...Alabama..nope but who can ?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, dabull80 said:

Just an f/y/i....last time UCF played in a major bowl game they crushed the unstopable Baylor team.  Two good teams played today that would have beaten a lot of P5 teams...Alabama..nope but who can ?

Yes those two offense today would have scored on any top p5 team even some points on Bama.  Ps Auburn will beat Bama sat.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

16 hours ago, USF_Grouper said:

You are all missing the point - which i guess is to be expected given green and gold glasses. Miami lost to a Pitt team that would have won against either of the two teams on the field. When FSU came to Ray Jay gave a taste of what that looks like - just too big and too strong up front to keep game competitive. 

The harder question is how do we clsoe the gap - without better fan support it is really tough. Only thing I have ever seen work is the creative style (option offense, always throw, etc). 

I have never had green and gold glasses and I completely disagree with your assessment. I'm objective to the point people here think I'm a USF hater. UCF could match up with at least half the P5 teams and probably more and so could USF if allowed to play to their potential by the game plan of our coaches. Half the P5 is smoke and mirrors branding that have a 100 year old name and are kept around as sacrificial lambs for the maybe dozen perennial powers.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

This post is dumb. Tons of big hits, receivers were catching everything thrown at them. Both teams offenses would put up 35+ against all P5 opponents the way the offenses were playing yesterday. AAC has had more than their fair share of success against the P5 in recent years, especially the top half of the conference. There is a gap, but the gap from the AAC to the other G5 conference is much larger.